Holy Cr*p! 7 (!) New modules in that Steve Vai Video !

Area for the Synergy line of amps and modules
Post Reply
RipperShred
RM20
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:25 pm

Holy Cr*p! 7 (!) New modules in that Steve Vai Video !

Post by RipperShred » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:10 pm

At the very beginning they did a pan of a bunch of Syn2s and there was a friggin' XTC, Uberschall, Engl Savage and Powerball (the powerball is SUPER exciting to me!) a friggin' Fryette Pitbull, and the dumble OS and Friedman BB/BE that we were expecting.

Man o' man, THESE are the modules I've been waiting for! :D

gtr31
Lynch Box
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:48 pm
Location: ottawa

Post by gtr31 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:13 pm

I have to admit I have bagged on Synergy but
The XTC Uber Pittbull and powerball are impressive

There is a lot going on in those mods the Bogners have 2 switches perchannel
Not just a bass bright either

The Pitbull has the graphic EQ built in
And they are all still 399 apparently

Now let’s see if they can just get them built and in stock

RipperShred
RM20
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by RipperShred » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:50 pm

gtr31 wrote:
Now let’s see if they can just get them built and in stock
Therein lies the crux of it all, right? "if they build them... and ship them to dealers, they will come." or something like that. :)

RipperShred
RM20
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by RipperShred » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:56 pm

also, didn't catch it on my first viewing, but there's two friggin' XTC modules; regular and a (may have misread) a 20th anniversary option. so two Versions of the XTC and an Uberschall.

Those two/three and the powerball are high on my list. If I didn't already have a special edition engl preamp and a fryette gp3 preamp I'd probably look to pick up at some point the Savage and Pitbull modules as well. Heck, maybe just to compare them would be fun.

9985
RM100
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:01 am

Post by 9985 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:47 pm

There's another Youtube Synergy interview posted from NAMM with Bruce Egnater and Peter Arends where they pan over a rack of SYN-2s that shows the following new modules:

Engl Savage
Engl Powerball
Bogner Ecstasy 20th Anniversary
Bogner Ecstasy
Bogner Uberschall
Friedman BE/BB
Fryette Pitt Bull Ultra Lead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8cMwQWx7Es
RM100+Marshall 1960A
19 modules
Voodoo Amps Platinum Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100
Egnater Tweaker 15
PRS Archon 50 Combo
Synergy SYN-1

79 Les Paul Std, 08 USA Strat, 08 SG, 88 Carvin DC150T, 87 Japanese Strat, ESP EC-1000, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser

RipperShred
RM20
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by RipperShred » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:36 am

9985 wrote:There's another Youtube Synergy interview posted from NAMM with Bruce Egnater and Peter Arends where they pan over a rack of SYN-2s that shows the following new modules:

Engl Savage
Engl Powerball
Bogner Ecstasy 20th Anniversary
Bogner Ecstasy
Bogner Uberschall
Friedman BE/BB
Fryette Pitt Bull Ultra Lead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8cMwQWx7Es
It's a gang-busters list if ever I saw one dude!

gaboocho
RM20
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:28 pm

Post by gaboocho » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:38 pm

I played the Bogner 20th Anniversary at NAMM and owned the Friedman BE/BB. I currently own the Soldano SLO. These modules are only getting better. I didn't bond with Friedman as much as I wanted to. The Soldano blue channel is fluid, thick, plays very nice, and sounds great in a band mix. The Bogner is tight, pissed, and angry with that kerrang, has separate eq for each channel. The mini toggles on the Bogner are not just subtle changes in the voicing, but more like different amps. Seriously impressed with Bogner, it's a library of vintage and modded Marshall tones in one module. Hopefully I won't have to wait a year to purchase.

RipperShred
RM20
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by RipperShred » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:24 am

gaboocho wrote:I played the Bogner 20th Anniversary at NAMM and owned the Friedman BE/BB. I currently own the Soldano SLO. These modules are only getting better. I didn't bond with Friedman as much as I wanted to. The Soldano blue channel is fluid, thick, plays very nice, and sounds great in a band mix. The Bogner is tight, pissed, and angry with that kerrang, has separate eq for each channel. The mini toggles on the Bogner are not just subtle changes in the voicing, but more like different amps. Seriously impressed with Bogner, it's a library of vintage and modded Marshall tones in one module. Hopefully I won't have to wait a year to purchase.
Yeah dude, I'm primed to get one (or maybe both) of the XTC modules, the Powerball and the Uberschall if they come out in a timely fashion.

withmittens
Lynch Box
Posts: 1108
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 12:37 pm
Location: Beacon, NY
Contact:

Post by withmittens » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:06 am

I wonder when we'll get a Fender Champ
RM22, RM4
CrazyNuts' Dirty Sanchez, DuoPlex, Selma, Supra, Twinface, Evil Kitty, CC30, XTC
SG, LP Std., Strat, TELE

ricky
Lynch Box
Posts: 920
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:44 pm
Location: Bozeman, MT

Post by ricky » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:53 am

I belong to some product specific forums (like Heitage guitars) where we validate ourselves by posting videos of famous players using the product we like......”Aren’t we cool? Here’s Larry Carlton playing the same brand we play!!!” That being said, it does feel validating to have played the Egnater MTS stuff for years and then have Vai go nuts over it.

Kingpapavega
RM20
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:19 am
Location: USA

Post by Kingpapavega » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:24 am

RipperShred wrote:
9985 wrote:There's another Youtube Synergy interview posted from NAMM with Bruce Egnater and Peter Arends where they pan over a rack of SYN-2s that shows the following new modules:

Engl Savage
Engl Powerball
Bogner Ecstasy 20th Anniversary
Bogner Ecstasy
Bogner Uberschall
Friedman BE/BB
Fryette Pitt Bull Ultra Lead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8cMwQWx7Es
It's a gang-busters list if ever I saw one dude!
Nice, I’m really for a proper Uberschall.

Post Reply