BB/BE, OS and Savage modules in stock at Sweetwater

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuxxtoneBoy

Reaction score
Just placed my order for these. Will report back when I get them early next week.

WHAAAAAT? I Neeeeeed!

Are they sold out already? I can't find the listing...and they are not even on the Synergy Amps store :-/

Waiting for videos of these. The rapid price drops after buying some other ones new has me scared to buy new if I might not love it.

My OS module is out for delivery as I type this! I'll report back later with my impressions once I've had some time to put it through its paces.

Next up on my list is the Savage!!!

Please do post reviews and thoughts as I have been waiting on these, the savage in particular. Can’t believe they are actually available now.

OS and SAVAGE arriving tomorrow.....

I really wish I could afford the BB/BE too, it sounds like he perfect module.

Someone buy my MetroPlex ;-)

Got all three newly released modules today. After playing with them for 2 hours, I can tell you that these modules sound fantastic. The BB/BE is my favorite so far. Wonderful clean tones and superb crunch sounds. The OS I found a bit tricky to dial in the beggining, but the tones I’m getting now are addictive. Keep in mind that this is just after spending a couple of hours. The Savage also sounds great. I inmediately noticed a very round and full low end that I haven’t experience with other modules. Need to spend more time with it and try some of the guitars I have that have more aggresive pickups. But all in all, I’m very happy with the purchase.

I plan to spend a good amount of time on Saturday playing with these and configuring some pre-sets with my Fractal FX-8.

LuxxtoneBoy said:
Got all three newly released modules today. After playing with them for 2 hours, I can tell you that these modules sound fantastic. The BB/BE is my favorite so far. Wonderful clean tones and superb crunch sounds. The OS I found a bit tricky to dial in the beggining, but the tones I’m getting now are addictive. Keep in mind that this is just after spending a couple of hours. The Savage also sounds great. I inmediately noticed a very round and full low end that I haven’t experience with other modules. Need to spend more time with it and try some of the guitars I have that have more aggresive pickups. But all in all, I’m very happy with the purchase.

I plan to spend a good amount of time on Saturday playing with these and configuring some pre-sets with my Fractal FX-8.

Are you able to compare the BE side of the BB/BE to the BE module?

If it's dead on, this is the perfect idea for a module IMO.

LuxxtoneBoy said:
The OS I found a bit tricky to dial in the beggining, but the tones I’m getting now are addictive. Keep in mind that this is just after spending a couple of hours.

I agree. I found it to be way more tweaky and touchy than any of the other modules I own. Not that that's necessarily a negative, just the nature of this module. It also seems to require fairly heavy handed tweaks between single coils and humbuckers.

Any of you lucky ones have thoughts on the savage?

Or I guess particularly JKD :)? From your module list in your signature, you have a few other hi-gain ones to compare the savage to and I’m curious how it holds up in that crowd. Plus from the other OS post, seems you may be hitting it with EMG’s which is what I would be doing.

How’s the gain in the BB/BE? It always sounded like the BE pedal had a lot more gain than the BE module.

Thanks!

warmachine67 said:
Any of you lucky ones have thoughts on the savage?

Or I guess particularly JKD :)? From your module list in your signature, you have a few other hi-gain ones to compare the savage to and I’m curious how it holds up in that crowd. Plus from the other OS post, seems you may be hitting it with EMG’s which is what I would be doing.

I loved the sound of the Savage and the Powerball from the NAMM demos....I don't have any other ENGL modules to compare to at the moment but I've had a Blackmore, SE and Powerball amp in the past plus a Salvation ANGEL.

This module definitely has ENGL tone, you hear it as soon as you play or hit the Contour switch....it's a bit buzzy with the Contour as I remember my SE being without tweaking the controls....caveat, I just plugged it in and played.

I prefer it over the VH4 if that helps.

Lots more thoughts to come but not sure I'm a good case, being a module ***** I lust for new modules :D

Thanks jkd. That helps a lot as I think the vh4 is awesome (though I realize mileage varies amongst certain folks).

I have an Angel E that is fine. I just remember the Vh4 replaced my benzin and Dzilla, and even my real Diezel Einstein.

I’ll take the plunge and get a Savage to help me wait for the powerball when it comes out in a few years.

warmachine67 said:
Thanks jkd. That helps a lot as I think the vh4 is awesome (though I realize mileage varies amongst certain folks).

I have an Angel E that is fine. I just remember the Vh4 replaced my benzin and Dzilla, and even my real Diezel Einstein.

I’ll take the plunge and get a Savage to help me wait for the powerball when it comes out in a few years.

I had a Benzin (twice), a JF D'Zilla (?) a Dual EQ Diezel.....yes the VH4 could replace all of them, though is not as heavy as the Dual EQ monster...that thing was finnicky.

Out of them I think the closest to the VH4 was probably the Benzin but I just don't think I like the Diezel voicing.

Few years :p but also :cry: .. you may be right.

I just ordered the last Savage this morning and the OS is out is stock also.

BE/BB is still available.

Hope the restocking times aren’t as long as it was last summer.

I ordered an ENGL Savage Module today that should be here late this week. I'll post some clips in the next couple of weeks.