Any difference b/w stock Randall/Egnater mods and Synergy?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdInfinitum

Reaction score
For example, does a Stock Plexi Randall module have Sonic differences with the new Synergy Plexi? Obvious Synergy having two channels allows Sonic differences but with relatively similar setting do they sound the same or close to the same?

The synergy plexi is a whole different animal than a Randall plexi because it has two gain knobs per channel and it acts more like a JF or SM mod in some respects, although their mods have more option sonically.

The synergy gives a completely different palette of tones depending on how gain I & II are set. It acts more like a super lead, but I’m not a Marshall expert. The Randall plexi is simpler in that there are only 5 knobs.

Guess the real answer is how hard is it to find the sound in your head and if you like to tinker with knobs or just use your fingers to get your tone. There are more tones to be had with the synergy, if that is what you are after. The Randall is not bad at all either.

Not sure if that helps.

Thanks for the quick response. Answered my question. Even though I have a lot of modded mods, I keep going back to the Randall stock Plexi.

Do you know of any low wattage poweramps to use some can run the Syn-1 into a UA OX?

I don’t. I’m old fashion and still use an Rm20/22 or rm50 into an iso cab with a shure 57 into a boss br-1600.

I have no idea about some of this new computer magic. Honestly not sure what a ua ox is :).

I have an RM22 but I put it behind my monitor thinking I wouldn't change modules often. The OX is a box that is both a load and attenuator. Plug your guitar into an amp, take the speaker out to the OX and with OX software, it has virtual cabs and pics for recording your amp to the DAW or FOH or back to your amp speaker. There are five levels of attenuation and a headphone out. Some complain about the attenuator due to only five levels.

I could run the Syn-2 {Sweetwater doesn't have Syn-1's in stock so I switch to a Synth-2 instead [which probably was the better choice to begin with) into the Tewo-Notes CAB since that has a power amp sim or probably plenty of other software power amp sims. I probably could run that into the Axe and turn off Preamp modeling then turn off the CAB IR and then run it into the OX. Hmmmm

Thanks, your response triggered some interesting possibilities. I'm going to post that idea on the Axe forum.