Synergy Amps Reliability and Quality Control

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faisalbaig303

Reaction score
Had lost interest, but intrigued again by the idea of a modular rig.
Can't remember where but i think i read some major concerns about reliability and quality control issues.
Have these been sorted ?
I am thinking of a full synergy rack based solution or even the two slot head.
Any thoughts guys ?

Thanks
Faisal

I had some teething troubles with a Synergy VH4 module but everything else (SYN2, SYN1, SYN50 and 8 other modules have been flawless from day 1.

The Synergy production stands head and shoulders above Randall, which was somewhat notorious for arc'ing issues in early revs of amp and wrong component values.

I love my Synergy gear, wish it wasn't so darn pricey or they offered bundle deals, but is a worthy successor to Egnater...as you'd expect since Bruce had his hand in the designs.

I kind of remember something about syn 1 being a better choice over syn2 based on something on the build quality- is there anything there? Or is a syn2 solid?

Also curious about the syn50. I may jump during the next MFriend sale.

I wish the syn30 had depth control or that would be my clear choice. Any feedback from syn30 users- is that lack of depth annoying/thin? Hi gain brootz applications

I don't have a problem with syn30 not having depth control. The modules tone controls are pretty responsive, I do crank the bass pretty high on most modules. The high gainers rock to me... even at reasonable volumes.

I don’t do true high gain stuff (all I have is the Plexi these days), but my Syn30 does not disappoint me at all in any way. Not the best amp I own, but it does sound great and is a ton of fun to play.