4 CM with Syn-1 & SYN30-combo ??

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DandyDon

Reaction score
I want to run a 4 cable method setup with some pedals before the amp (SYN30 Combo) as well as other pedals post pre-amp (i.e. the effects loop). within the chain(s) may also be a multi-effects unit as well as an Eventide H9. Also have the SYN1 capable of being utilized.
I think it's best for time effects etc to be post pre amp.
One thing that has me stumped is that there is no bypass on the SYN30 to where I could use a module from the SYN1 into the power section of the SYN30 power amp.
What are peoples thoughts and ideas ?

In 4CM, selecting Bypass on the SYN1 will switch from its module to the onboard preamp module on the SYN30. Your other effects like a H9 get connected to the loop on the SYN1, the are still in the signal chain even when you bypass the SYN1. Same for anything you put in front of the SYN1 like a boost or OD, stays in the chain for either SYN1 or onboard SYN30 modules. It does create a complex cabling setup & makes for a bit of a tap dance to switch channels live. I sometimes run my SYN1 in 4CM into a 2 channel PRS Archon 50 combo with a bunch of pedalboard effects at home, haven't tried it live because of the spaghetti mess. Debating getting a SYN-50, or a SYN2 to makes it easier to program channels via MIDI controller (I have a HX Effects).

Unless you already own a SYN30 combo, I'd seriously consider a SYN50 & a cabinet instead if you want to use it live, will be much simpler.
EDIT- you also need to consider where you would physically put the SYN1 if using live, the way the controls for the SYN30 combo are arranged on top- you can't set the SYN1 there; maybe you could turn it 90 degrees, but that's blocking the vents for the tubes & I'm not sure it would fit. Not really an issue in a home studio.