Disable module but keep FX loop enabled

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foreign

Reaction score
I am running my syn-2 through my Diezel vh4 fx loop.. my pedal board is hooked up to the syn-2 fx loop.. is there a way to bypass the channels of the syn-2 but keep the fx on? Say if I want to use ch3 of vh4 with my effects

Doesn't the Syn-2 come with a footswitch? With the Syn-1, you can switch channels or bypass the Syn, but the effects loop still works as it should.

I havent gotten the footswitch yet, but there is a button on the front of the syn2 that does the same thing, and when i am bypassing the modules there is no fx coming through

It works fine on the Syn-1.

Sorry, I'm out of answers.

Without seeing any details of how you've actually wired this up, it sounds like you've simply not set it up correctly. You've got the syn2 in the amps fx loop? that doesn't make sense. The syn2 has two sets of send/returns, one for the amp and one for effects. Let us know if you've set it up as per the syn2 manual instructions for adding channels and we can trouble shoot from there.

I have a similar setup with a SYN-1 into a head's loop (4CM)- bypass on the SYN-1 it still runs the effects from my pedal board, no issues, with our without the footswitch. I actually run "double 4CM" with both a SYN-1 and a Line 6 HX Effects, and it allows my pedalboard to route signal chain to the input or loop of either the SYN-1 or the head, very flexible.

I'd unplug all your patch cables, and reconnect as per the SYN-2 manual, and maybe test all your cables individually. Can't tell you how many times I've been punchy tired & had a patch cable connected wrong, convinced something was broken, only to start over & find a wrong connection.

Not sure what FX pedal you use but I have a Helix Rack with the floor control. It is MIDI so I can bypass the SYN 2 and use the MOD 50 with all FX. Also I sometimes use an old GSP 1101 with the same results. However, it is MIDI too.

Yea I must of had something plugged in wrong... everything sounds great! And it sounds great through the VH4 power section. I'm running it into a suhr reactive load and IRs after that