Friedman BE50 or SYN50 and BB/BE and DS modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spencer4hire

Reaction score
I am getting real serious about pulling the trigger and buying a Friedman BE50 head but wanted to know if I would be better off $ wise doing the Synergy route. Does the Synergy get close enough? Let me say first of I have had SG Marshall module, Jaded Faith RR Platinum,J-Plex,JFM800 and the Salvation Mashall and none of these to my ears gave me a totally accurate Marshall tone. What do you think?

Spencer4hire said:
I am getting real serious about pulling the trigger and buying a Friedman BE50 head but wanted to know if I would be better off $ wise doing the Synergy route. Does the Synergy get close enough? Let me say first of I have had SG Marshall module, Jaded Faith RR Platinum,J-Plex,JFM800 and the Salvation Mashall and none of these to my ears gave me a totally accurate Marshall tone. What do you think?

I have a BE50 as well as the Synergy Friedman BE/BB and HBE modules and I'm happy to plug into either. Comparing them through the same cab or with a load into an IR they are very very close.

Spencer4hire said:
Let me say first of I have had SG Marshall module, Jaded Faith RR Platinum,J-Plex,JFM800 and the Salvation Mashall and none of these to my ears gave me a totally accurate Marshall tone. What do you think?
If none of those modules are providing you with an "accurate Marshall tone", then there's no way the Friedman head will do so because it's not a Marshall clone in any way, shape or form. It's Dave's Marshall tone, which while very desirable, is certainly not "accurate".