Effects loops and syn1

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmcguitar

Reaction score
Looking to pickup a syn 1, anyone have recommendations for amps to use with it? I have a mark v, does it's effects loop work well? I was also considering picking up one of the Marshall studio amps, if the syn was put into the sv (Plexi) amp and it was cranked would that affect the signal going through loop (and therefore the module)? If so classic or jubilee seems to make more sense

Thanks.

I corresponded with Mesa about TC-50 loop & they said all their current production amps with series loops should work fine, which would include your Mark V. The Synergy manual has a warning about some older Mesa loops, which is why I checked.

As far as other recommendations, anything with a series loop works with SYN1 /SYN2 in 4CM, if it's going to by a permanent part of your rig (instead of occasional use), I suggest amps with separate loop send/return level controls to assist with level matching between onboard preamp channels and the SYN1 - can see my other posts about struggling with that on my PRS Archon, which is great otherwise.