Even the modules that I would never have thought I would like....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lespauled

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm having way too much fun with the Synergy. I started with my old Grail and Mr. Scary modules, and thought I would be content....and I was....until a Plexi came up at a price I couldn't refuse on eBay.

Now, I knew I was set....and I was...until a Friedman BE/BB module came up at a price I couldn't refuse. Of course, now I had everything I could ever want as far as modules go. I play mostly classic rock, hair metal, etc., so the other modules really didn't interest me. Maybe the Soldano, but I already had one Marshall and one Marshall(ish) module (BE/BB).

Then I watched this video of a demo of the Diezel VH4 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMfLtGeAmq0), and started thinking about that module. But, it was one that I wasn't willing to spend too much on, because I wasn't sure it was for me.

Then came a Guitar Center email, that you get an extra 15% off any item when you trade in your used gear. After digging out a couple of old amps and cabinets, I loaded up and went to GC. I knew they only give 60% of the average used price on sold items on eBay, but I just wanted these items gone. I took the trade in, and ordered the Diezel VH4 module. It came to a little over $100 out of pocket.

It was delivered, and I am amazed that I really love this module also. I always thought of it as a thrash, or heavier type of music. But, like the video demonstrated, it covers a wide range of genres and sounds incredible. It has a ton of gain, and still maintains clarity of all notes. I couldn't have loved it more than I did. Of course I tested it at the highest gain, and then dialed it back to my taste, but I am thrilled with the Diezel VH4. I never thought those words would come out of me, but wow is it great.

I have a Kemper, and have been playing it, pretty much exclusively for years. Now my playing is about 50/50, or maybe 60/40 in favor of the Synergy. What a great product. Having a blast.