2 Modules at once!?!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AidsPulsed

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question but is there a way to run both modules at once?
Using the Syn2 and Syn5050 set up. Running the Engl Savage and Friedman BE I know they'd sound beast together.

giphy.gif

You can with midi-CC switch on/off each channel.
The channels are routed in series, not parallel.
This way channel 1 can be setup as a boost for channel 2.
Personally I didn't find it very usefull.
It's more or less a hidden feature.

I am switching my preamps(SYN2's and M4) with the Matrix Switchblade.
For instance the Masholdano panned to the left and DReadplate to the right.

I was wondering the exact same thing.
Back in the days, I had a rig build around a 6L6 VHT poweramp (Ltd edition Black Beauty 2/56/2), Triaxis on the left channel, and JMP1 on the right channel, running both at the same time. Perfect match! But it was a pain in the *** to setup and MIDI program, and even a greater pain to carry that huge rack around.
I finally kept the Triaxis, which was a better match for the 6L6 power section.
Being the preamp freak that I am, that Synergy stuff look very promising to me.
And I was wondering if it would be possible to have two different modules at the same time, one on the left, the other on the right.
Imagine a SLO and VH4 in stereo! :shock:
But if the only way to achieve that is to use two SYN1 or two SYN2, it wouldn’t be the best solution.
By the way, is it possible to use the SYN2 with only one module, and to let the second slot empty? It would be a 2U preamp, which would be a bearable solution, though still crazy expensive...?

El Mouk said:
... Back in the days, I had a rig build around a 6L6 VHT poweramp (Ltd edition Black Beauty 2/56/2), Triaxis on the left channel, and JMP1 on the right channel, running both at the same time.

These are two preamps and you can of course make this happen by using two Syn-2 units. The Syn-2 is a preamp, not the module - it's the channel.
The same wish could apply to any other amp: A Triaxis cannot have the Clean and Lead channels avaiable at the same time.
The idea is of course nice but would require independent circuits and a mixer section. Most modelers can run several amps in parallel.