NAMM and Modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ned

Reaction score
Here is what they have released so far at NAMM.

2 Bogner mods:

Engl Powerball

Vai Mod: 1 channel is based on Legacy other is based on the BMan

And Fryette Pitbull (with graphic EQ)

Hadn’t seen the powerball yet. Thanks for posting. I’ve really been wanting these since last winter namm.

Really hope they come through this time, but given their history, my hopes aren’t too high.

warmachine67 said:
Fryette sneak peak #2 on fb: deliverance

Coming in 2025 :).

Probably not much of an exaggeration. I'm just going to pretend that I never saw them, so that when (if?) they actually do materialize, it will be a pleasant surprise.

warmachine67 said:
Fryette sneak peak #2 on fb: deliverance

Coming in 2025 :). Too bad nobody is reading this forum.

FWIW, I had a month long dialog with the guys at Fryette from mid-October to mid-November about the best method for chaining together four SYN-2 modules. It was mentioned in November that the first VHT module was only a few weeks away from completion, which we saw last weekend at NAMM, so I'd imagine we'll see them sometime in the first half of this year.

I haven't asked anyone about the Vai module but I was told that the Powerball and Bogner modules were "close" back in August. The delays aren't being caused by any issue in particular, it's just about getting them exactly "right".

As much as I'd like to have had the Vai and Bogner Ecstasy in my rack yesterday, I do trust that once they're released, they're going to be awesome. 8)

Thanks for sharing mikep. That is encouraging that there seems to be movement towards releasing them this year.

I know, I know, once they are released, they will always be available. I have tried all the existing flavors and just want more.

I also remember a while back that synergy ran into some hush hush supply issue that made existing modules out of stock everywhere with long delays on restock. Just hope these new bogners and fryettes are plentiful as they will be bought up very quickly once they are out in the wild.

Check the posts by Min Hyung Jeong on egnater/synergy/randall mts Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=132553300238&ref=br_rs

Nice demos of Vai, Ecstasy and Uber.

Vai:
https://www.facebook.com/sergiomusic2017/videos/114657256506965/UzpfSTEwMDA0MjM4OTAxNDk0NjpWSzoxMDE1NzU3NDExODgwNTIzOQ/

Ecstacy:
https://www.facebook.com/sergiomusic2017/videos/229783048029425/UzpfSTEwMDA0MjM4OTAxNDk0NjpWSzoxMDE1NzU3NDU2MzU5NTIzOQ/

Uber:
https://www.facebook.com/sergiomusic2017/videos/2516480115299029/UzpfSTEwMDA0MjM4OTAxNDk0NjpWSzoxMDE1NzU3NDU2MzMxNTIzOQ/

I want to hear those Bogner modules in a bad way! I haven't seen or heard these yet. Has anyone heard any more info on these yet?

That may be the worst demo of any module I have ever seen. People that can play left the room, and left him there? FFS

Really looking forward to all of these... except the Vai signature, but then again I've never been into signature gear or Vai.

For anyone interested, Sweetwater has the Vai module in stock now (as do other dealers, I suspect). Some of the other new offerings (they didn't specify which) will allegedly be in "sometime next week."

Spoke to Sweetwater today. They confirmed that the Bogner Ecstacy module will indeed be shipping on 3/12/20. Mine's ordered!

KernelSanders said:
Really looking forward to all of these... except the Vai signature, but then again I've never been into signature gear or Vai.

The Vai signature module sounds really good. I've never been much into Vai either. Great player and all I just never gravitated to his eccentric style. All that said I purchased the module based on this demo.

https://youtu.be/nir1GcecooY

But man I really really hate that green. I'd pay to have it the standard synergy color.

skracus said:
Spoke to Sweetwater today. They confirmed that the Bogner Ecstacy module will indeed be shipping on 3/12/20. Mine's ordered!

Ditto the Uberschall, one of which I ordered. The Engl Powerball, meanwhile, is supposed to be out on 3-26, according to Motor City Guitar.

I'll be interested to read your--and others'--thoughts on the Vai module. I'm sad to report that I am not a fan of mine.

Rising Farce said:
skracus said:

Ditto the Uberschall, one of which I ordered. The Engl Powerball, meanwhile, is supposed to be out on 3-26, according to Motor City Guitar.

I'll be interested to read your--and others'--thoughts on the Vai module. I'm sad to report that I am not a fan of mine.

Bought mine solely based on Henning's YouTube video. Sounded great in that so I pulled the trigger just for another lead tone flavor. BUT IT"S GREEN!!! lol

The green didn't bother me terribly, but I couldn't dial in a tone I liked on either channel. I Reverb'd it the next day.

I don't want to "poison the well" for anyone who hasn't played the module yet, but it definitely was not to my (admittedly narrow) taste. Others will no doubt love it.