Can the SYN2 run with only one module?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elric

Reaction score
Silly question: I have a gift card and was considering playing around with the Synergy stuff... maybe getting a Syn2 or Syn1 with it.

I would kind of prefer the syn2 because I could see myself collecting modules over time but the GC would only cover the 2 and one module. If I were to only get one module, does the SYN2 work with only one installed or would that potentially harm it? I would probably run it for a few months with only one if I pulled the trigger now instead of later.

Just investigating right now but would like to know as it is kind of starting to burn a hole in my pocket.

Thanks

Just to follow up, I contacted Synergy via the web site and got confirmation that this is not a concern! So if anyone else is wondering, good news. :)

Also, I'm living proof that you can run just one module, no problem. I'm not loaded so I only had one module (Engl Savage) in my Syn-2 for a while and was just fine. It was only a week ago that I got my second module (Friedman BE-BB) used.

What do you think of the Savage? That’s one that I’m pretty interested in. The BE/BB seems like a great one too!

Great, that's good to know! I was thinking of going for a Syn2 as well and slowly build up my module collection, just like you intended to do, and I now have a green light to kick around my credit card a little :lol:

Enjoy the vicious decision option night sweats on what to get. lol Man, I went through some thought trying to decide and you never know till you play it and see how it does for you. They can sound similar in uber gains more so a feel thing or articulation. I was laughing myself silly watching this youtube metal guy "testing" a bunch of modules, he had them sounding almost the same. I mean why would you want to do that?? Bring out the qualities of each design type not tweak them in to be similar....sometimes "guitarplayers" drive me batty with just dumb things. Like chaining a bunch of buffered pedals together having a "shootout" comparison. lol Or my fav pet peave demo'ing a vibe or phaser and just having the speed set way toooooo fast, sounds terrible and musically awful.