Help a newb

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

form422

Reaction score
Hello,
Recently got a fryette 2/50/2 and a syn2.
I've connected to the syn2 "to amp in" to the fryette input channel A.
I get nothing until the syn2 is in bypass. I can see both modules channel
indicator lights functioning when I cycle through all 4 channels, but no
sound until the syn2 is fully bypassed. What in the world am I missing?
Thanks for any assistance

Can you explain ALL of your connections?

That "To Amp In" is for when you are using the SYN to add channels to the effects loop of an amp. In that case, you would be doing all that four cable method stuff. In bypass, the SYN would be skipped and you'd hear your amp's own preamp. When not in bypass, you'd hear the SYN's channels.

But as I understand it, you aren't doing that. The Fryette is a power amp, right? In that case, you aren't doing all that four cable stuff. The SYN is your ONLY preamp. It just feeds the Fryette power amp. Look at page 9 of the manual. It's a simple two cable method:
- Plug your guitar into the front of the SYN
- Plug the SYN's main out (L or R, assuming the Fryette is mono) into the In of the Fryette. That's it. You avoid all those effects loop connections (To Amp In, To Amp FX Return, From Amp FX Send)

Excellent info. Yes the fryette is mono on channel A. So it does not matter if I choose left or right from the syn2?

Thanks much for responding and offering this help. I'm grateful

I hooked to the L mono of the syn2 and bam. Hell Yeah!!! Thanks.

The SLO module will get a workout tonight :D

One more question if someone might be willing.

What are my options in regards on channel switching?

Can I use the syn1 footswitch or something similar? I'd like to be able to use at least two channels with a switch.

I'm hoping to get by with a two button switch?

Thanks for any advice on this.

You will need a midi footswitch. Check out Morning Star or there are a ton of options on the used side.

Thank you very much for the info.

So V1 is in the Syn2. which is the PI (V3) in the modules.

I think that''s all the questions I have. Thanks for all the help. Grateful!