Syn-50 vs Syn2 and Syn5050

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jco5055

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I think I'm going to take the plunge and join the Synergy family! However, I am deciding between getting the Syn-50 head or the Syn2 and Syn5050 pre/power amps.

I've never used rack gear before, so it would be a new experience, though I do like how the rack stuff collectively is lighter than the head. I know with adding a case for the rack gear that wouldn't be true, but it seems like it would still be easier to transport than a head (I wouldn't get a huge one, I think I'd only get like a 4U sized max). It also seems like the Synergy stuff was designed initially with the idea of it being rack gear(?)

However, the head is cheaper overall, and as mentioned it would also be lighter once you consider the rack case. I've also heard that the head seems to be regarded by most as a "better" sound, though Idk if that's people used to heads and not rack gear also.

Any thoughts/suggestions? Thanks!

Fryette support mentioned that the rack poweramp is designed to have both channels driven and doesn't sound as good if you don't. You'll want to make sure you can power two cabs with it if you go that route. There is a comment about it on TGP. If you search for threads by "support" on there, that is Fryette's support guy Dave.

Latest posts