Talk me out of getting a Powercab 212 Plus

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcoR

Reaction score
This would be for use with my SYN-2.

I have way too many cabs as it is. I have a Fryette 2502. I already have a few options that sound great.

However, for a while now I mostly go direct into my studio monitors or use a pair of Headrush 212 monitors and using a CAB M with Ownhammer IRs.
In the studio I think my real cabs and poweramp sound great but prefer the convenience of the monitors with IRs which also sound great.

For giging, I use the real stuff with a band and the Headrush monitors for solo. The real stuff is heavy! and the sound is what it is, great but not as flexible as IRs.

And now I'm considering getting the Line 6 Powercab 212 Plus to sort of have the best of both worlds; the option to use my favorite IRs or get an amp in the room sound and save some weight in the process.

Talk me down!

MarcoR said:
This would be for use with my SYN-2.

I have way too many cabs as it is. I have a Fryette 2502. I already have a few options that sound great.

However, for a while now I mostly go direct into my studio monitors or use a pair of Headrush 212 monitors and using a CAB M with Ownhammer IRs.
In the studio I think my real cabs and poweramp sound great but prefer the convenience of the monitors with IRs which also sound great.

For giging, I use the real stuff with a band and the Headrush monitors for solo. The real stuff is heavy! and the sound is what it is, great but not as flexible as IRs.

And now I'm considering getting the Line 6 Powercab 212 Plus to sort of have the best of both worlds; the option to use my favorite IRs or get an amp in the room sound and save some weight in the process.

Talk me down!

If you have a 2/50/2 and a stereo cab, or multiple cabs it won't be nearly as rich sounding. I'm rocking a similar setup and I'm not happy with anything less, and you won't be either. :)

RipperShred said:
If you have a 2/50/2 and a stereo cab, or multiple cabs it won't be nearly as rich sounding. I'm rocking a similar setup and I'm not happy with anything less, and you won't be either. :)

I know you're right. I think it's off the table for a bit now being I just ordered a Deliverance module. :D