VH4 module volume level

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aftec

Reaction score
Did anybody else noticed, the VH4 module has way less output volume than the rest of the modules?
I swapped the tubes to new ones, no change. Swapped the modules in the Syn-2, no chnange.
The volume on the module is not changing bove 2 o'clock anyways, all other modules I have are roughly the same in output, but this one is like 4-6 db lower than any other
Is this a bug or a feature? Anybody else with this experience? :?

Id on't have the VH4 but, FWIW, the Uberschall module Red channel is super low volume without the boost. I thought the module was broken it was so dramatic... but I guess it is really just due to how saturated the gain on it is... maybe the VH4 is similar.

When I had the VH4, I didn't notice any major reduction in volume. Unfortunately, I don't have it any longer to A/B it.

All of the modules I own are slightly different in terms of output (say 11 O'Clock versus 12 O'Clock) but the VH4 is just about dead even with the Soldano SLO in terms of overall volume output.

Thanks Fellas, talked to Blad and the module is on it's way back to the repair shop.

Did this issue ever get resolved? I have a VH4 module that has the exact same problem.

Thanks

Personally the VH4 is probably my fav of the 4 I have but had not noticed any volume issues. Hope it's a one in a million component fail. This stuff seems very robust in design and quality but any component can crap out it's just one of those things.