Syn-1 Sag

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikal69

Reaction score
anyone else have this issue:
sag light is always on unless i have the volume of the module below 9:00 and sag all the way off, which doesn't seem right.
the Fryette Pitbull is the biggest culprit, which results in very agressive compression on palm mutes.
anyone else have this issue or my Syn 1 jacked up?

Don't know how the sag is setup, but it seems to be sensitive to gain and volume. Try changing the 12AX7 in the Syn-1.

I usually have the sag around the same area. I just play, raising the sag until I see the light coming on, and leave it there.

that's my issue. the light is always on whenever there is signal no matter how low or high, did notice after having the unit on for over an hour, it worked as it should. so i'll be contacting synergy about that.

As some already know, the SAG switch is supposed to simulate a vintage amps power supply "sagging" due to the fact that the power supply was not up to snuff. When he amps were pushed hard, the power supply voltage would drop causing a drop in voltage to the preamp tubes as well.

That's why the SAG feature is more active as you turn the volume up.

In most modern amps made in the past 20-30 years the power supplies are overbuilt and their is no real preamp sag unless the amp was designed specifically to do that. Most modern high gain amps have power supplies over rated for the amps and their is no sag. Most find in the high gain modules the sag control muddies up the sound. The SAG is better used for cleaner tones and light crunch tones to "warm" them up.

Whole heartedly agree, as my real baseman, deluxe, and two rock all have rectifiers or power amp design that result in juicy saggy goodness. While Other high gainers and two rocks I’ve had in the past are wonderfully tight and articulate and fast. My problem here is my syn 1 is faulty. It’s going back to synergy for repair.