Connecting 2 Syn-2's

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewEraOutlaws

Reaction score
I'm in need of a little assistance to get the second Syn-2 reacting properly. I'm sure it's a simple user error. Right now if I toggle through the modules the second Syn-2 isn't in the chain. I set it up as it states in the manual but I'm assuming it's a midi channel/bypass mode thing. Right now I just want to do it by clicking the front button before I incorporate the Morningstar MC8 as the midi switcher. Give me a hand Synergy peeps.

Going by memory but unless you connect a midi controller or a midi fx device you need to select the module/channel on the active Syn-2 then manually bypass the second syn-2 every time. If you have the MC8 on a particular channel hold the Syn-2 selector switch until if flashes on both units and those selections will be activated when you select that patch on the MC-8.

Not sure you can select a patch on a FX device and that would activate the correct Syn-2 channels or not.

Ned,

I appreciate the reply. I was able to get them talking to one another so I'm good there. The second Syn-2 is much more quiet than the first. I did change tubes so it may be that. The MC8 was working for a bit but for some reason it didn't retain the amp channels. I'm hoping to use the MC8 with the Line 6 HX Effects and Synergy together. Essentially, I have two ways I'm going to use this system.

First is studio/jam mode where I have a bank of the 8 switches on the MC8 to choose between the 8 Synergy channels and HX Effects used like a regular stomp box pedalboard with banks of sounds I've created. Then song mode where I have specific sounds setup in snapshots per song on the HX Effects but controlled from the MC8. I would like to have an occasional toggle for sounds that I can fit in the 4 snapshots from the HX Effects on the MC8. I want to mostly step on the MC8 because the switches are in line so it's easier for me to sing, play and click at the same time.

Let me know if I'm off my rocker here or if I'm on the right track. I feel like I'm on the right track. If I can get everything to play nice with each other over midi.

That should work. If you're going to assign each button on the MC8 to a Synergy channel I would use CC messages for each.

I used the HXFX to control my rig at the moment but it never leaves the house as my gigging days are over. But the MC8 looks pretty sweet.

Right on that's the answer I was looking for, whether to do PC or CC changes with the MC8 into the two Syn-2's. The MC8 is pretty amazing it's really flexible and having everything typed out on the screen is great. Plus, Morningstar Engineering are really nice and responsive. They've been helping me get all this figured out. I'm pretty midi inept lol! The HX Effects is awesome and I could figure out how to change from there but I like the add flexibility of the MC8.

If you have a level diference check that the switch next to the jack marked "From amp to FX send" is in the high position - that fixed it for me :)