Any tried running independent modules into separate cabs?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Module

Reaction score
I am onto my 4th module now waiting on another dual dock, god I love this stuff! But I was thinking, why not run two modules into independent sides of the 50/50 with each its own cab? In my desire to improve tones I thought why not run my VH4 with the Pitbull into separate sides at the same time, making a dual amp thing? Why must we always think in terms of chaining everything to one on and bypass modes? I can still maintain my stereo Volante tones and stereo Harmonic Trem/Pan running them after the SYN modules before the power amp. Anyone tried this???
I am running two Mesa 2/12s with Black Shadows, l/R.

Seems like this page is dead, sad I hoped Synergy would get really popular, shame many do not know how great this stuff is.

Well I hooked up separate modules into the 50/50 each side and have to say it is equally as cool, maybe better, two amps to mix into a bigger sound. So far really like the VH4 and Bogner Ecstasy ranges from decent cleaner, when vol rolled back, to raging high gain. Sort of makes the VH4 more full having the second amp, really massive sound. A bit like Adam Jones does with Tool having the VH4's and the Marshall blend.

grailtone in general doesnt get an enormous amount of traffic

this interface was dated 15 years ago

The Gear Page has a relatively decent amount of threads on Synergy in the Rack forum

i literally got my SYN1 today - its pretty sweet through my Runt 20, via 4 cable method.

reading ideas like yours, im wondering how quick ill talk myself unto the syn2 lol

Recently there's been questions about running 2 modules in parallel, one method is like the one you're describing where you'll need an ABY box in front of both the SYN2. Aside from this being a lot more compact, I don't see it being any different than running 2 heads/cabs in parallel. Lots of people have done this with various degrees of success, it works for some people and for others it doesn't.
I can see the advantage of this If you're playing in a 3 piece band, if you introduce another guitar or keyboards, I think it starts creating problems, but in the end I think it all comes down to how much gear you want or can haul to a gig and if you can accommodate it on stage.

I really wish you could run both modules in parallel /stereo on the syn2. I've been toying with the idea of adding a second as I could easily rig it with my boss es8, but $$$.

Well I've been running this cool rig set up lately using my VH4 module into the 50/50 power amp L and a Bogner Ecstasy on the R side into L/R Mesa 12" twin cabs.
I have my Strymon Volante taking the main outs of the modules into stereo L/R, into a stereo Fulltone (harmonic) Trem, into a Stereo TC Ditto, out to the SYN50/50 power amp l/R ins.
Sounds rather amazing, more rich and full than a single module config (which is not bad by any means).
I am doing a mimic of Adam Jones dual amp rig which seems to work well for him live and all that. I had been wanting to add a dual dock and run all four modules in a link chain like Vai was doing but really I am so happy with the two amp thing I will stay with that for awhile. I vary the Bogner side with different modules but I love the VH4 it is a core for me. I am really happy with the two modules running stereo. By the way I use a Lehle P Splitter to split and isolate the main guitar input to the modules. MY upfront pedals change all the time so I would no sooner list them and something would be changed out. Just got a new 535QC wah I am very happy with which will be a keeper. Man it was always hard to find a wah that had that magic and a keeper, I think the old trusty 535Q is my fav.

I should define it takes no more gear to run two amps in parallel than it does in general. I use two Mesa 2x12's anyway. The signal off my board splits via a Lehle P-Splitter (excellent to have some of these around I am always finding a use for one, full fidelity isolated signal split no hum or issues) the main outs from both of my modules/SYN's run back to the board into L/R Strymon Volante > Fulltone True Stereo Tremolo > Stereo Ditto Looper then into the SYN 50/50 Power amp. I have the same gear and board running the same two module SYN's into a bypass one on rig and same pedals on the board. The P-Splitter is Velcro'ed on the module rack unit. I find the added dimension of running two different amps, one clean or dirty or both gained adds to the color pallet Synergy affords us lucky users. So far I have not gone back to the std bypass one on setup as the dual amp is too cool. If you're a Adam Jones fan like me those two amps really help flush out the full range of sound. If you want a simple low space low haul rig you have to whittle down your gear to suit what you want. My rig is pretty portable much more so than when I was using std amp heads and much less heavy.