Errgh!!! Screw Problem in my SYN-1

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JHTorch

Reaction score
I wanted to swap out a module in my SYN-1 and the screw on the right side will not loosen enough for me to remove the module from the SYN-1. Specifically, the screw on the left side is ready to go but the right screw keeps spinning and spinning without further give. Any ideas on how to remove?

I'd try to contact Synergy directly, they might have a solution for that.

j4q0 said:
I'd try to contact Synergy directly, they might have a solution for that.

Thanks for the advice.

I am going to try to go to a local hardware store first to see if they can just remove the thumb screw first. But I think that I might have to contact Synergy to get a replacement screw anyway. I'd hate to send the SYN-1 and the stuck module to Synergy just for such a minor, though consequential thing. BTW, so that I would be able to do my session, I picked up the Orange Micro Dark. Great clean tones to my surprise. Still prefer my Synergy TDLX for the cleans but the Orange Micro Dark is no slouch. I guess another flavor for the arsenal.

Ultimately, I sent back the SYN-1 (and stuck module) to Synergy. Other than paying for shipping to them, it was a free warranty repair, though it took longer (about 3 weeks) than I thought it would. Now all is good and I'm ready to buy other mods :wink:

The first SYN2 I purchased came in with a missing rack mount ear. The second one came in with a damaged module bay. To avoid another mishap, I took a rack mount ear off the damaged SYN2 and kept the other.

Sweetwater support was very good in handling the issue, but unfortunately they can't open every box and check every piece of equipment.