Herbert, works in a SYN1, but not a Randall

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warmachine67

Reaction score
Just got my Herbert, it is the 12th Synergy modules of the fleet. I have owned a few other synergy modules that didn’t stay, and currently own or owned many, many other Randall, Egnater, Jaded Faith, and Salvation mods.

All have worked in whatever I put them into. Syn1, randall Rm50, 22, 20, even 1250.

So, this new Herbert I just got, that just came out, only works in the Syn1, no other slots in any other Randall’s.

By work, I mean makes sounds. In a randall, the Herbert’s led’s come on, I can switch between channels either in the 1250, or with the single/dual switch on the module, but absolutely no sound.

Plug it into a syn1, and it’s perfectly fine. I can plug another non-Herbert synergy module into the same Randall slot the Herbert was in, and the non-Herbert module works perfectly.

Have they abandoned backward capability, or do I just have a defective Herbert?

I posted the same topic on the fb page, but this forum has more knowledge, albeit a slower response and less people seeing the post. But those that read this might have a decent idea instead of pointing me to some YouTube video.

Thank you.

It seems to be a recessed pin. If removing backwards compatibility is the idea, it would be a real shame. Synergy is great, but also because it builds on the heritage of Egnater and Randall. And of course I want to be able to plug-in a Herbert into an RM100 since it has 100 watts. Why not??

Please explain what you mean by recessed pin?

I don’t understand, did they decide that the Herbert is where they will quit supporting Randall.

I'd be surprised if it's intentional; I don't think there's any capability of the SYN line that's being crippled by also being able to work in the older Randall/Egnater stuff. Did you send them a FB message or just post on their page? The last time I messaged them, I got a response within a day.

I have an email to them and I also messaged them on fb like you suggested.

I will follow up here when I hear back.