Noob Question for SYN-2

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 4158

Reaction score
Hello, everyone. I'm rather new to the whole Synergy phenomenon and before I ask for input, I will preface this by mentioning that I have attempted to read the manual ad nauseam and checked this forum to see if this topic has come up before so here goes. I am running a bridged mono signal into the SYN-2 with the left main out going into the SYN-5050 power amp into a Mesa 4x12 and also with the left DI going into my DAW (Scarlett 18i20). Eventually, I will be performing live with this very rig so I took an XLR cable, plugged it into the right DI out and ran that to the mixer that controls my PA columns. Everything sounded fine except that I noticed that the FX I had engaged in my signal chain were only present going through my DAW and the cabinet but not the PA. I guess the easy solution is to simply unplug the cable going into my DAW and just run that into the PA or to get a Y-cable adapter for the left DI output. I was just curious as to why my FX aren't present in the right DI output if the signal is bridged and if there is something I am doing wrong. Any suggestions are greatly apprreciated.

Delli72 said:
Hello, everyone. I'm rather new to the whole Synergy phenomenon and before I ask for input, I will preface this by mentioning that I have attempted to read the manual ad nauseam and checked this forum to see if this topic has come up before so here goes. I am running a bridged mono signal into the SYN-2 with the left main out going into the SYN-5050 power amp into a Mesa 4x12 and also with the left DI going into my DAW (Scarlett 18i20). Eventually, I will be performing live with this very rig so I took an XLR cable, plugged it into the right DI out and ran that to the mixer that controls my PA columns. Everything sounded fine except that I noticed that the FX I had engaged in my signal chain were only present going through my DAW and the cabinet but not the PA. I guess the easy solution is to simply unplug the cable going into my DAW and just run that into the PA or to get a Y-cable adapter for the left DI output. I was just curious as to why my FX aren't present in the right DI output if the signal is bridged and if there is something I am doing wrong. Any suggestions are greatly apprreciated.

I can try and help, but I don't have all that similar of a rig. First, when you say bridged mono signal into the SYN-2, how are you doing that? My guess is your problem lies somewhere in how you bridged the signal into the SYN-2. How are your returns wired into the SYN-2 as well?

Delli72 said:
Did you return your FX to both Left and Right FX returns on the SYN2?

No, they are only going to the left FX returns. I guess that explains the lack of FX from output 2 but I assumed (incorrectly) that it would translate to that output as well. I have to figure this out because Y-bridging output 1 to my DAW and PA works but the signal is weak.

Delli72 said:
No, they are only going to the left FX returns. I guess that explains the lack of FX from output 2 but I assumed (incorrectly) that it would translate to that output as well. I have to figure this out because Y-bridging output 1 to my DAW and PA works but the signal is weak.
Will you also be using the Scarlett live? If so, what is its purpose?

SacredGroove said:
Delli72 said:
Will you also be using the Scarlett live? If so, what is its purpose?
I wasn't planning on using the Scarlett live but if I wanted to record my performance for a live album or something, I would like that option because I don't trust the sound guy to record it.