A clean module that's LOUD?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamkrash

Reaction score
I'm having a hell of a time finding a clean sound that can keep up with my higher gain modules.
I love my BB/BE module, great cleans, but NO NUT! Even with the master full up and the gain at minimal settings its half as loud as any other module.
I can barely crack the masters on my SLO or Bogner modules when trying to balance volumes with the BB.

Any thoughts on what module has good cleans but is loud?

I really like the Synergy Bman. It's super versatile. Check out the Shawn Tubbs video YouTube. The Morgan AC is nice and punchy too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFIT0PO6Iuo

I'm a big, big fan of the T/DLX module. The blue channel stays clean, though vibey, and loud with single coil pups.

I had the exact same issue. Clean is a big part of my sound so it's important to me. I have been through countless "clean" modules with no "umph". that includes the Bman and the TDLX. The OS was what I finally settled on...but notice how I say "settled" . Not super happy with it either. I have the Master and the Vol almost dimed....plus I have to roll back the master vol of my SLO to get it to even out. But really wish I didn't have to do that.

I sent away a Randall Deluxe module for modification to Jaded faith, for the "Super Clean". After much research, it seemed this might get there for me . I should have it in a week or so. I'm praying to god that I love it because I have exhausted every avenue for that clean I'm looking for.

I have three "clean" modules: Morgan AC, TDLX and BMAN. The Morgan can be nice and clean on that first channel, and even the second. But it struggles with volume if you dial it super clean. So it wouldn't fit the needs stated in this thread.

The TDLX has no such struggle. I dial the volume to full and then use the gain for level matching with other modules. Anything around noon or even higher on that T channel is nice and clean, and loud enough to level match with my other modules (SLO, etc.). You can even dial in the DLX channel to be nice and clean too.

The BMAN is a bit warmer. But it stays pretty clean with a nice volume match with the heavy modules too.

Got my Jaded Faith "Super Clean" about a week ago. Really digging it so far. Really gets that JC-120/ ultra clean, Fender thing.

You can always put a quality clean boost post with a decent buffer. I am fond of the Blackstar Dept.10 clean boost tube pedal, has excellent buffer impedance as well. Lehle also as good as it gets and can handle any signal.