New to Synergy looking for recommendations

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cthroatgtr

Reaction score
I am taking the plunge and need a recommendation on a few modules. Overall I play rock/metal and favor higher gain tones. I have at home a Mark V 25 and Marshal SV20 as well as the Diezel VH4 pedal, all of which sound good. I used a MB TC50 for live playing today. I would go IICp but figure I don't really need that since I have the Mark V 25 already. I would really love a Jose modded marshall tone as well as a rectifier type tone. I will need something for clean as well. Some modules I am considering would the Fryette Deliverance, the Friedman BE, Soldano SLO and Engl Savage. I could look to replace the VH4 pedal with the Diezel VH4 module as well, though the pedal actually sounds really good, so that would probably come later. Thoughts?

If you like the VH4 pedal maybe consider the Herbert module?
Your V:25 kinda negates having the IICP though they aren't totally identical. I'd say you want the HBE, Powerball, Deliverance and Uber. SLO is cool but it's not as gainy as the ones I mentioned. HBE > BE. Savage is "fatter" while Powerball is tighter and faster, pick your poison.

I wonder if the Uber is too much gain but it definitely intrigues me. The HBE gets a lot of hate but I suspect that is a love / hate depending on style. I think I am leaning towards HBE over BE. The SLOs gain should be fine as something different. Based on experience and reviews I think I would prefer the SLO over the XTC. Define "faster" for the Powerball? Sometimes tighter gets too much in my opinion and oversold by the djent crowd. I want the tone tight but I want some bass to come through. Think AIC, KingsX, more groove oriented with shred leads!

There's no such thing as too much gain! :twisted:

The HBE hate comes from folks who don't like high gain. IMO unless you're looking for low gain sounds the HBE is better than the BE. You can turn the gain down and do mid-gain stuff, or crank the gain and go nuts. HBE has less gain than Uber, Engls and IICP.

The Powerball is "faster" as in tighter and more responsive with a clearer, less boomy bottom end. It's definitely not annoyingly tight and weird.

For the bands you mentioned you'll definitely enjoy the HBE, SLO and XTC the most...maybe even IICP.