IICP Internal Channel Switch?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MatrixClaw

Reaction score
Hey guys, been a LONG time since I've posted around here, but I'm planning to pick up an RM100 soon and I'd heard that the Synergy modules were fully backwards compatible with the old Randall/Egnater stuff, which the exception that the Randall stuff can't switch channels on them without a mod, but Synergy said in a post a while back that each module that each one that didn't have identical channels would have an internal switch on the board, which works for me... But I've heard some recent reports that the new IICP module does not have this switch. Is this true? Can anyone with the module confirm? I was planning to buy the IICP as my first module but if I can't switch it without modding the RM100, that kinda negates the purpose of buying it :(

It does NOT have the channel select switch you speak of.

It will work as a single channel module on the green channel (cleaner), but you will not be able to access the red channel in any non dual channel host.

The fryette pitbull and deliverance are the same way also.

Yep, talked to a Synergy rep and it looks like none of the Fryette-designed modules have the channel or cathode switch. So much for their commitment to backwards compatibility :roll: