Line Level into SYN Input? (Modeler 4CM)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whizzinby

Reaction score
Trying to run my modeler (QC) with the SYN2 in 4CM.

The only ways I’ve been able to get it work is by running the QC’s send/out to the SYN2’s input. It works, sounds good. (I have to keep an eye on output levels in the QC)

My question though is does running a Line Level into the SYN2’s input risk damaging the modules or unit, which is expecting an instrument level. The signal difference is def apparent. If I just run my guitar into the SYN (into PS100) it’s a much less present tone. (Less volume, presence, gain etc) When I connect the QC 4CM it immediately improves the tone lol I assume if for nothing else than it being hit with a higher level signal.

But, I want to make sure I’m not going to blow something up. lol It looks pretty common from what I gather online to take a modeler output and run it into the input on the Syn. (Seen videos of people doing this with the Helix etc.)

I originally tried just running the SYN2 FX loop to the QC FX loop and there is no sound.

Current config:

Guitar > QC Input
QC Send > SYN Input
SYN FX Send > QC FX Return
QC Out > PS100 Line In

Thanks in advance!