Synergy Bassman Module vs Egnater

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smath22

Reaction score
Has anyone compared the two ?

I have the Egnater Module, is the Synergy module a step up ? It does have a dual EQ.

I had both modules at one point. The Egnater is a tad warmer and creamier but, that seems to be my experience with all Egnater modules compared to Synergy or Randall. However, from what I remember, they're both very comparable to each other and can dialed in the same. Since the Synergy version has an EQ for each channel, I would just go with that.

Sorry if this is late to the party I work for a Synergy dealer and own/have owned various Randall and Egnater over the years.

Currently my best frame of reference for the modules in question are my Jaded Faith modded Egnater modules which I had Rob sorta tweak and revoiced around my personal favorite Blackface and tweed era fender amps.

My “Blackface” is supposed to capture more of the vibe of a Super Reverb or Vibrolux reverb from the mid 60’s. I put a GE NOS 12ax7 in first slot and JJ ECC83S in cathode follower. To me this module is what I consider the perfect blackface sound, lovely cleans but just a hint of mojo and vibe and can give up the goods when pushed.

The synergy T/DLX is a fantastic choice if you like a slightly more pristine clean sound, to my ears anyway YMMV. I do find that the Synergy tends to offer a lot of versatility compared to my single channel module as you have independent tone stacks so if you set one for a scooped Twin style pristine clean and the other for the fatter pushed Deluxe sound it’s more convincing and easier than either my single or the old Duals that shared an EQ.

My Tweed is basically the late 50’s high powered Bassman and Twin. NOS GE12ay7 and JJ ECC83S cathode follower to try and capture more of the spirit of a period correct amp. Rob did bright switch, tight switch for bass, and a gain boost for me. Although I love the woody cleanish and edge of breakup tweed tones I also really like pushing a tweed hard for more of a classic rock/heavy blues thing but like it to hold together a little better than the real amp. Obviously I had this tweaked exactly for what I was after and I love it, in stock form I’d say it was a little warmer and creamer than the Synergy as well.

The synergy BMAN is one of my personal favorite Synergy modules. It has some of my favorite cleans (just because it’s a little fatter and has more harmonic content, nothing pristine or sterile here) and when it’s pushed you can definitely hear how it might have influenced some early British amps. Like on the TDLX it is nice that each channel has independent controls as you’ll likely find it easier to dial in better sounds of you set one clean and one dirty.

Another Synergy module you may want to consider is the OS it’s based on the elusive and ever expensive Dumble Overdrive Specials but has in my opinion some of the best cleans in Synergy next to BMAN and Morgan AC and obviously can do that overdriven/pushed Dumble thing quite well.

Hope that helps!