You guys like find this interesting.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylendm

Reaction score
Sounds pretty good! I think I'll try to get my modern near that tone, better than what I could find so far :lol:

That was a really great post!
I've wanted to hear a Baron K88 for a while, and oddly enough it seemed to lack in comparison to the Modern module. Which was quite a surprise to me!
Also, it was great to hear the major difference with the TS9 engaged.

Well with the mid shift engaged I think it really brings out the amp but these were just settings someone else sent me to use. Thanks for the compliments though guys. I really think that the Baron sounded better but I'm modding the hell out of the Modern and RM100 and then we'll see who comes out better. ;)

BTW JKD. Your almost at 3000 posts :)

kylendm said:
Well with the mid shift engaged I think it really brings out the amp but these were just settings someone else sent me to use. Thanks for the compliments though guys. I really think that the Baron sounded better but I'm modding the hell out of the Modern and RM100 and then we'll see who comes out better. ;)

BTW JKD. Your almost at 3000 posts :)

Wow....lol, I talk too much..and this is 2999 :)

I actually think the two tones were too close to call better or worse in the mix there...do you have KT88s in the RM100?

Hmmm, I don't really like the Baron's tone that much, sounds really quite thin?
The modern with the TS9 engaged sounds pretty **** sick though!

i prefered the second clip with more gain.

of the two snippets in the second clip, i liked the first better.

that being said, in a busier mix with vocals and bass, the baron would probable work better with less clutter in the mids.

Yeah I think that the settings on the Baron weren't up to what I'd like them to be. I should have engaged the mid shift since Dave (the creator) said that with it engaged it makes the amp fuller and thicker. Gonna try another shoot out in the next few days.