The best wah pedals

Rigs, Clips & Tones OH MY

Moderators: guitarguy510, ned

m0jo
Donating Member

Post by m0jo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:18 pm

Daryl wrote:So not a soul has tried the George Lynch Dragon 2 wah by Morley?
I figured someone on the forum knows something about it.
Tried extremely hard to get hold of one ... couldn't find one, no shop was about to stock one.. so I gave up.

There aren't even any decent video's of it on utoob.

Salvation Mods Twinface, Mash-all+, Sloogie, Mu?eca, Shiver (Facelift), modded XTC, stock Recto
Randall RM4 - Randall RT2/50 - Randall RM22
TT-Cabs REX V212

www.sparkplugmusic.nl

JD
RM100

Post by JD » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:15 am

I'm looking for a Wah pedal and was all set to get a Dunlop 95Q or the Dimebag wah...possibly even test drive the new Jerry Cantrell wah. After watching this video I might have to just take a chance and order the Dragon 2 wah....he's a good salesman. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lomO5_tX5zk
RM100/RM100KH
Stock- Blackface/SL+/Mr. Scary/KH-3
Jaded Faith -Super Clean/1959RR/OD Special/SL- OD100
Sacred Groove -MK22/The Bully

Daryl
Lynch Box

Post by Daryl » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:54 am

JD wrote:I'm looking for a Wah pedal and was all set to get a Dunlop 95Q or the Dimebag wah...possibly even test drive the new Jerry Cantrell wah. After watching this video I might have to just take a chance and order the Dragon 2 wah....he's a good salesman. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lomO5_tX5zk
Well if you get it let us know. I'm dying to get some input on this piece of gear.
?The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.?-Albert Einstein

JKD
Donating Member

Post by JKD » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:20 pm

I have the Dragon Wah...great wah...what's that extra knobby on the 2 (right hand side)
Synergy - HBE,SLO,VH4,TDLX,Plexi, ENGL,OS,BB/BE, AC
Salvation-Deadplate, Spawn, MarkUS, Dual Salvado+JJ Dirt+Terrier
JF-Dual Erect
Gigmods - Mark
Hilly-Snorkeler
Egnater -COD, ERECT, VX
Randall - Brahma,Scary, Grail, SuperV

Daryl
Lynch Box

Post by Daryl » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:20 pm

JKD wrote:I have the Dragon Wah...great wah...what's that extra knobby on the 2 (right hand side)
I believe it is a notch setting for the wah. So you can get a fixed wah sound setting. Could be really cool. :)
?The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.?-Albert Einstein

audiomidijace
Donating Member

Post by audiomidijace » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:52 pm

walshinator666 wrote:I have a crybaby 95Q which IMHO is the best wah out there.It's got a boost switch,volume dial,and eq dial.You don't have to hit a switch like other wahs just step on it and when you stop it goes automatically into the stop position
I'd been using the same original Crybaby for the last 20 years. I picked up a 95Q on your suggestion and this thing absolutely rocks! The auto on/off works really well. I usually shy away from the wah pedal because I always have problems turning the thing on and off. It's really frustrating. This is really going to open things up for me! I've tried quite a few wah pedals over the years, but never found anything I liked more then my Classic wah. But I really love this! Thanks for the tip.
Jace
RM50, Orange PPC412 w Celestion V30s.
Modules: SG-MK22, JF Twox .
Pickups:MotorCity & BareKnuckle
Dunlop 95Q Wah, TC Nova System, Wampler Tumnus
AVID ELEVEN RACK & Atomic Amplifier 12
Transactions:Lots!

GtrGeorge!
Lynch Box

George Lynch wah

Post by GtrGeorge! » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:52 pm

I know place on Long Island that has the Dragon wah in stock,,pm me and I'll give you the place.
GtrGeorge

bduersch
RM100

Post by bduersch » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:48 am

muudrock wrote: Another fave is the CAE MC 404. Switchable Fasel inductors and a boost.
I'll second this... the MXR/CAE is my current wah of choice for tone + flexibility... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abd7Bk1ech0

That said, I've gone through a small mountain of wahs over the years... other favorites are the Ibanez WD-7 (great flexibility, always felt a little cheap but never actually broke on me) and a combination of Bad Horsie + Crybaby 95Q (switchless city!).

--B

Julia
Lynch Box

Post by Julia » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:20 pm

Never use them.
Disregard all advice pertaining to gain and tone from this user if you are under the age of 40 and play thrash.

Too old to Rock N Roll. Too young to die.

mfshockey
RM100

Post by mfshockey » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:50 pm

Just picked up the Dunlop 105Q bass wah and I'm loving the tones! Just have my combo setup here to play with, not my normal setup, but I still love it. Thanks for the secret weapon Ray! :D
Splawn Nitro KT88
Gibson Les Paul Custom

Nighon Maiden
RM20

Wah Bla Wah!!!

Post by Nighon Maiden » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:38 pm

I have the Dunlop 535Q, it is by far the best tonal wah I've owned, being in a maiden tribute I need that super rounded tubular tone with a metallic edge that really swoops the signal & spreads it across the stage like a mellow beast with a sting in its tail!
I had a couple of the Vai Horsies before this one, but they just don't have the tone for my ears, but were great for hitting harmonics & sending them stratospherically laser-like!
:shock:
If ain't loud enough this time...
it was too damn loud the last time!

Harvester1199
RM20

Post by Harvester1199 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:34 am

I have the dunlop kirk hammett wah, sold my hendrix wah , crybaby from hell and wylde wah after getting it.
its that good

nsafchuk
RM20

Signature models and best ever

Post by nsafchuk » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:51 am

Hey all! I usually do not like the whole signature model thing but my Dunlop Kirk Hammet wah is incredible. I also have a crybaby classic as a backup. The best I've ever worked with was when a guitarist brought a Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah into my studio. It was an older white model. Below is a link to the end product. The wah is full, clean, expressive, and and has a ton of character. It cut through everything else.

http://www.myspace.com/wickedliquidmusic
(The song name is "Exit Sign")

Daryl
Lynch Box

Re: Wah Bla Wah!!!

Post by Daryl » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:00 pm

Nighon Maiden wrote: I had a couple of the Vai Horsies before this one, but they just don't have the tone for my ears, but were great for hitting harmonics & sending them stratospherically laser-like!
:shock:
I have a Bad Horsie and it sucks. The tone is absolute crap. I never use it.

mr.air
RM50

Post by mr.air » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:16 am

The MXR 404/Bradshaw wah seems like a really good wah pedal. Haven't tried it, but the clips I've heard sounds super cool.