Alesis Video Track landed today. Clip inside.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyeball987

Reaction score
Simply turned on the Video Track and ran through my Randall RM100 modules. Stock SL+, JF Brahma, JF Mr Scary. I also have a Voodoo UG Jose on the way so I will hit that one later.

I noticed that the room is pretty bright so I cut the treble back. Once I figure out how to make this sound better, I will do some more in depth vids. Maybe even do some showing each speaker (Scumback H75, Celestion E80, Warehouse ET65).

Amp settings are:

Depth 10:00
Presence 9:00
Master 12:00

All modules:

Gain 12:00
Bass 1:00
Mids 12:00
Treble 9:00
Level 8:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up-eUfPLsYo

That looks and sounds great! I saw that Alesis as a Stupid Deal of the Day last week and just missed it...as well as that special Kirk head, I remember coming real close to snagging that on these boards last year- that head looks bad ***!

I try not to covet, but this whole post is green with envy!

crankyrayhanky said:
That looks and sounds great! I saw that Alesis as a Stupid Deal of the Day last week and just missed it...as well as that special Kirk head, I remember coming real close to snagging that on these boards last year- that head looks bad ***!

I try not to covet, but this whole post is green with envy!

:lol: I have wanted to pick up a Q3 but for $67, I couldn't pass up the Video Track. I will work on the lighting and find the sweet spot in the room to make better clips.

I can't wait for the Voodoo UG Jose to come back. I traded for it and found out that it was one of the first ones they completed so Trace said to send it back for several updates that have been developed since then.

I like the RM100KH a good bit. Everyone knows that purple always sounds better! Actually, making this vid made me realize that this is a pretty bright amp. It could be the room though. I wish I had kept the KH2 and KH3 that came with it now. Those were a bit darker than the mods I am running currently. They do cut through the mix though.

khingpynn said:
Thats a great tone you got going there... nicely done!

More, and hopefully better, to come. Louder volume Lynch (and other) clips to come tonight.

Excellent clip. I hear you on brightness and such..the sound isnt THAT bright,...butI could see why you are reconsidering modules that night have more GIRTH to them.
Im a more of a medium gain guy and to me, I am most satisfied with an actual EQ/Timbre change..as opposed to just gain changes.
But hats to ya..good clip!!!! GtrGeorge

GtrGeorge! said:
Excellent clip. I hear you on brightness and such..the sound isnt THAT bright,...butI could see why you are reconsidering modules that night have more GIRTH to them.
Im a more of a medium gain guy and to me, I am most satisfied with an actual EQ/Timbre change..as opposed to just gain changes.
But hats to ya..good clip!!!! GtrGeorge

I am going to add my MXR 10 band out front and see what I can come up with. I didn't even realize how bright the room was until I recorded the clips. I used to have the treble and presence at noon. I cut them back to 9:00 for the clips.

Great clip! If you haven't changed the power tubes, that head comes with 6L6s, changing to EL34s will probably give you exactly what you need.
Cheers,
Jace

so...
do you recomend the alesis camera???
I am on the fence. I always need live videos of the band..but low light is a hassle..and converting videos is a hassle too.
Alesis works well for this???
GtrGeorge

I like it!!! :D
I got to get me something like this...
What a cool little gadget!!!
:D

You posted some clips before right...HCAF maybe...played some Tesla?

Awesome job man...amp sounds killer!

not to sound like a broken record but..
I think the reason some of the clips around here seem overly bright is because if they were done at a very low volume in a live room.,,the bright room gets on the recording AS MUCH as the module!
sure we could eq it..and it would help but close mic ing and recording at a higher level would get the room, and its brightness out of the equation, in many cases.
GtrGeorge

GtrGeorge! said:
not to sound like a broken record but..
I think the reason some of the clips around here seem overly bright is because if they were done at a very low volume in a live room.,,the bright room gets on the recording AS MUCH as the module!
sure we could eq it..and it would help but close mic ing and recording at a higher level would get the room, and its brightness out of the equation, in many cases.
GtrGeorge

Correct! I had a little bit of volume rolling on mine but the room is bright even with the carpet and rug on the floor. My room has a high ceiling also. I am going to have some free time in a week or so and I am going to try some more clips in another larger room.