Picking up my Tele on Saturday!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiomidijace

Reaction score
I finally gave my old Tele some love. It's been refretted, had a new bridge installed, a bone nut cut for it and all of the electronics updated. It will be great to start using it again. I have Rio Grande Tele pickups in it that are SUPER twangy! Love 'em!
Jace

crankyrayhanky said:
I never liked Teles-until I played one. Surprising power!

I'm the same way... always tried to get into strats over the years and never could... always assumed it'd be the same story with teles. Got a chance to play a friend's G&L ASAT and that totally won me over.

--B

Agreed....Teles are my favorite Fender guitars...Strats are fine but there's something more to a Tele...I have single coil SCN pickups in my 2007 US Deluxe and the output is quieter and hotter than any Strat I have (excluding Fat Strats)...And the cleans are just beautiful....

Sounds like a killer axe Jace!

Its funny something so simple can sound so great.
I picked up a Joe Strummer in GC one day and was
blown away. I was going to come back for it but it
was gone :cry: . I love the road worn series. Mainly
the maple fret boards. Ever since Ive been making
my guitars a bit brighter with pickup changes. Such
as a Eric Johnson Dimarzio in my Paul and Cruizers
in my Ibanez. Just adore the 2/4 positions on the
IB. Very tele-esk. :lol:

If you're a Tele fan then check out the Ernie Ball Music Albert Lee model. I don't own one yet but have a played a couple before and they are amazing. They're a little different to look at but after a while it might start to look cool. 8)

I LOVE the Albert Lee guitar! I wish I could afford to pick one up. I'm also a maple fretboard guy! All of my guitars have maple necks and fretboards. They became really unpopular for a while. You'd still see Teles and Strats, but all of the Jacksons, Ibanez, ESP, etc seemed to drop maple fretboards completely. Keep the faith!
Jace

I agree with the maple necks . No better feeling than an oiled maple neck. I think they are fairly standard on Music Man guitars.

Teles and esquires are the only Fender guitars I really enjoy (not basses, yet to find one I don't like.) I much prefer maple on them too, with a nice ash body. I should pick me up a tele some time... I gotta snag me an SG first though.

It turned out fabulous! It plays like a dream. All of that nitrocellulose has been removed from the neck, except for the front of the headstock. Now it's just a nice, oiled rubbed maple front and back. SO much easier to play. I'll have to break out some Jerry Reed and Waylon Jennings and remember my Tele licks!
Jace

I like Tele's a lot as well. The ones with the swamp ash bodies seem to be a little more responsive and "punchy". I have never owned one, but where I live there are a lot of country and blues players that use them exclusively. I've been wanting to build a Tele with a one-piece ash body, quartersawn flame-maple neck, Sperzel tuners with staggered heights to eliminate string trees, Lace Alumitone pickups, Alessandro volume pot, Tone-styler tone pot, and a Tisonix titanium Tele bridge. Retro-modern. Has anyone checked out the Tisonix stuff? Here is a link.
http://www.tisonix.com/shopping/main/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_75&products_id=196

Latest posts