JF XTC clip at live show

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcoR

Reaction score
This was taken from my phone so the sound is not great (better with headphones). My playing sucks cuz I wasn't planning on doing a solo and it was just spur of the moment after the singer walked off stage. I'm playing the older JF XTC module and riding the volume on my guitar. Egnater M4, Port City OS 2x12 with Scumback H/M75 mix, Motor City Pickups Afwayus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIQVT1hX2O0

Sounded great! That is a great lead tone. Nothing to worry about there.

What power amp / power tubes are you using? I have a JF XTC and push it through 34's & 6CA7's into a couple M75's.

davetheslave said:
Nice work man.
Is that a bit of delay you have trailing off? If it is I'd love to know your settings.

Yes, it's a Timefactor run in parallel set at about 390 ms, repeats at about 40% and mix at about 20%. An Eventide Space is also running in parallel using the factory "Guitar Room" preset with the mix down to about 20%.

The XTC settings are structure on, red mode, bright off, gain almost max, bass: 11:00, middle: 1:00, treble: 12:00 and volume between 11:00 and 12:00.

I always loved the JF XTC for Lead tones too... then i stupidly sold mine off and thought that from what i was hearing around the board that an SL-OD100 would do the same or better for leads.. Boy Was i wrong.. Using a Trilogy for leads now
-mp-

Dude that was fucking awesome!
Great tone and great playing.
I love how the band started bringing
it down towards the end. Great progression
to jam to. Well done sir.

Great playing MarcoR ! 8)

The sound seems very sensitive with a good emotion transmited ! excellent!...I really like that XTC sound.