Decimator Prorack G Stereo Version?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoD21

Reaction score
Anyone tried out the stereo version vs the standard version? Stereo version seems like a good idea for running two amps simultaneously in the studio however i'm wondering if there any advantages or preferences in using the standard model, or two standard models vs one stereo version?

I own the Stereo version but i haven't A/B them. I think the stereo has two extra ground lifts and that's it. I'm not 100% sure on that. It's overall great gate. The only problem I have with it is it cuts off the effects. i have still yet to find a configuration to fix the problem.

GuitarGod87 said:
I own the Stereo version but i haven't A/B them. I think the stereo has two extra ground lifts and that's it. I'm not 100% sure on that. It's overall great gate. The only problem I have with it is it cuts off the effects. i have still yet to find a configuration to fix the problem.

The gate in the loop has to have verb/delay, etc placed after the ISP...

Hmmm, I asked the ISP tech about where it should go and they told me it should be the last thing in a rack setup right before the power amp. I use a BBE MaxCom to shape the bass and their tech confirmed the same placement. To be fair, I never got around to finding a good deal on one yet but am still interested since I ditched the Deci pedal.

I use the stereo version with my dual RM50/RM4 system. One of the best purchases I've ever made! The only other thing I use in the loop is my Nova Delay pedal, which as Matt said goes after the Decimator. I've not had ANY trouble with it cutting sustain. Set up properly, these things are a god send!

Totenkampf said:
Hmmm, I asked the ISP tech about where it should go and they told me it should be the last thing in a rack setup right before the power amp. I use a BBE MaxCom to shape the bass and their tech confirmed the same placement. To be fair, I never got around to finding a good deal on one yet but am still interested since I ditched the Deci pedal.

It should be last except reverb and delay...Mainly because they help "sell" the redux....They will carry that clean break (cut from the ISP) into more signal while not allowing squeals or feedback in as easily...

The BBE should go before the ISP...Hope that helps...

Mattfig said:
Totenkampf said:

It should be last except reverb and delay...Mainly because they help "sell" the redux....They will carry that clean break (cut from the ISP) into more signal while not allowing squeals or feedback in as easily...

The BBE should go before the ISP...Hope that helps...
Yep, this exactly.

i finally found a good deal on one, new in box for 225 shipped. sometimes it pays to look at CL right outside your area!

i have it in the serial fx loop of the preamp so fx send > BBE > ISP > fx return. I then have the delay / reverb unit in the parallel loop of the same preamp since it inserts downstream of the serial loop. seems to be working out and is similar to what audiomidijace is doing only he has his nova delay in the serial behind the ISP since he is using the reverb tanks of his combos in the parallel loop.