Hardwire Overdrive Pedals

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
I am looking for a good boost pedal to use with my rm100 and rm4, I have a hardwire rv-7 reverb pedal that really impressed me and I would like to get another hardwire pedal if possible. There are 3 OD/Distortion Pedals in the hardwire line The TL-2 which is a metal distortion pedal which is definatly not what i want then there is the SC-2 Valve distortion pedal which might work and the CM-2 tube overdrive pedal... Does anyone have any experience with these pedals?
thanks
-matt page-

Im also looking at a TS9 and a Boss BD-2 Blues Driver.. these 2 pedals as well as the Hardwire pedals i mentioned in the previous post are all the same price.. $99... Im in need of some opinions
-mp-

Depends what kinda boost you want...Gritty, natural, distorted, smooth, fat?

I personally like any TS808 if I had to choose one...The Zakk Wylde OD pedal is a good hairy one for MTS gear as it doesn't seem to induce as mu ch noise as others but still girths your tone up...

I have Hardwire Chorus, Delay, and Reverb...and I find them to be very solid...but the OD pedals didn't do it for me.

I like a good old fashioned Tube Screamer, lately I've been using a Maxon OD808, but that's strictly for boost. For years I used a Fulltone Fulldrive, and I still love it for all the options it provides.

My Cusack Screamer is my fav all around boost. My MIJ TS9 is still tops for a bit of mids being added with boost. I had a blast with a Boss SD-1 recently but needed a bit of tweaking internally. Afterwards it was nice and smooth but would get a Bogner type knarly gain when pushed hard. I am now on to tinkering with a OS-2 and soon a GE-7 EQ I just picked up. Lots of cool boost pedals out there.

BigBrewtus said:
My Cusack Screamer is my fav all around boost.

I really want to try one of those. If it's good enough to have been on Lynch's board for a long time now, then it just might work for me too.

eyeball987 said:
BigBrewtus said:
My Cusack Screamer is my fav all around boost.

I really want to try one of those. If it's good enough to have been on Lynch's board for a long time now, then it just might work for me too.
I have the Version 1 as GL used as well. The new one is cool with added option but I dig mine and wouldnt trade it for anything. Its just tough to beat for a great boost. Been seeing a few on eVilbay for around 120 or so.

BigBrewtus said:
My Cusack Screamer is my fav all around boost. My MIJ TS9 is still tops for a bit of mids being added with boost. I had a blast with a Boss SD-1 recently but needed a bit of tweaking internally. Afterwards it was nice and smooth but would get a Bogner type knarly gain when pushed hard. I am now on to tinkering with a OS-2 and soon a GE-7 EQ I just picked up. Lots of cool boost pedals out there.

sounds like someone is hanging around monte's site? lol...neat stuff

Latest posts