gsp 1101 and certain modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricky

Reaction score
Anybody out there run into this? I have an RM4 running in the effects loop of my digitech gsp 1101 and a couple of modules have this hiss at the end of a note and then it cuts off. It is similar to having a gate on, but I don't have a gate on. I first noticed it when I bought a stock top boost. I sent it back and then the next one had the same problem. I have since had it modded to a VoxLess and Rob said it did not do it at his place. It does not do it if I put it in bypass mode on the 1101, so Rob thought it might be some kind of digital artifact. It does it on another module, but I can't think of which one right now. anythoughts on this or does this sound familiar?
thx
ricky

Yup I get this with the GSP in the parallel loop of my Mod50 - not had any time to even look at it but there is a definite tail of noise very much like a gate cut as you describe!

That is cool. At least I am not crazy and maybe we can figure this out. You said a "Tail of noise" and that is a perfect description. Have you noticed it goes away in bypass mode?

I've not actually tried that - I did take to setting the effect control on the front of my Mod50 to the min and max settings to make sure I was actually hearing it!

From the sound of it I suspected the GSP straight away ? it?s got that processor artefact type sound but I?ve normally got a Hush super C in the serial loop and I?ve not unplugged that either yet to make sure it?s the GSP (the effects control things pretty much convinced me though)!

Also I've not had a change to track it down to a particular patch or effect yet either so I guess it's a case of finding a patch and module that does it consistently and then tuning stuff off on the GSP - I'm going to have at it his weekend and see where I get to ;-)