Koko Boost incoming.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyeball987

Reaction score
Should land on Monday. I can't wait to hammer the front end of the RM100 with it. The vids, clips, and reviews all sound pretty good.

If it turns out to be as good as I am hoping, I can finally pair down my small boost collection. At least the V1 Cool Cat Drive (OCD clone) and a MXR Classic Overdrive. That is the one the GC was selling for $40 or close to that anyway.

Those are the ones that are just a relabeled GT-OD and have a switch inside to swap between the ZW-OD or stock position. I picked mine up when they had a limited run of white ones with green writing instead of vice versa.

I will keep the V1 Cool Cat Trans OD though. That one was the Timmy clone.

Simple collection. I think the Koko will look good on here!

OK. The Koko is now in taking over the spot held by the MXR in the pic above.

I spent a couple hours with it last night with some volume behind it. Very cool boost pedal. The boost side simply takes what you have and makes it more. Turn up the level knob and it can really make it a lot more.

I like the boost set at about 10:00. Anymore was just too much for my current settings.

The Mid boost section is really cool! I played around with that area the most. The toggle has three positions. Left is full mids, middle is a high mid boost, and right is a low mid boost. I ended up going with the right position and keeping the boost only at just a hair below 9:00.

The Mid section turns a gainy signal into a super fluid and responsive tone perfect for leads. I also found it great for some 80's riffs.

Overall, the Koko will stay on the board for a while. I do still like the CC Trans OD (Timmy clone) being pushed by the Tone Press as a boost for other tones. I keep that combo in the stomp loop of the RP1000.