Boss NS-2

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
Ive got a boss NS2 noise reducer that has been keeping my rigs silent for years. Id like to try it in one of the loops, so can this be done and will it provide a benefit? The pedal is always on so if i could run it through one of the loops i could take it offa my pedal board.
-MP-

Sure, you need to run it in the serial loop though. Put it first in the chain so it reduces noise to the other effects that follow (you wouldn't want to pass hiss and noise to a reverb or delay).

edit-You'll have to try it to see if the loop is too hot for it though.

drewiv said:
Loop is WAY TOO HOT for a Decimator, I can tell you that.

Been there! I needed the loop gadget to use the Decimator G-String in the MOD50. With the RM4 or M4 you can just turn the master down a bit and it's fine. I image you'd get the same results with the NS2.

audiomidijace said:
Perhaps the Decimator pedal, but not the rack! I LOVE mine! :D

Indeed. The loop is made for rack gear. I should have been clear I was referring to the G-String pedal.

MarcoR said:
drewiv said:
Loop is WAY TOO HOT for a Decimator, I can tell you that.

Been there! I needed the loop gadget to use the Decimator G-String in the MOD50. With the RM4 or M4 you can just turn the master down a bit and it's fine. I image you'd get the same results with the NS2.

Oh, the horrendous noises my MOD50 makes... :D

Latest posts