Clips request: JF Numbnuts and Ubersonic

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
I'm putting in a request for clips or videos of the JF Numbnuts and Ubersonic modules. If anyone has any, i'd love to hear them!

There are videos on my Facebook page of the Ubersonic taken on iPhone and handheld cams posted last October. It was recorded in our booth at the LA Amp show.

There won't be anything at all out there for the Numbnutz. I have only ever built two. The original is in my shop right now (I needed it back due to an oversight when constructing my build document for it) and the second one is en route back to me. It's the demo module and I loaned it to a friend for a test drive. Very little to no interest in this one at all since it's release, which is a total shame.

Nothing sucks worse then having your customers beg for a certain product and then show no interest in it when you deliver the goods. Hopefully you at least gained some knowledge during the R&D process that you can use in future designs.
Now let's get back to discussing that solid state Gorilla module with the Tube Stack feature! I'm telling you Rob, EVERYONE will want one of these! :lol:

I agree completely Jace. There has been a dwindling market for these products for about 9 months now. Most new modules released since last summer were only met with only mediocre interest from the market. I define market as my actual customers, not those who swim around classifieds like sharks looking for a steal.

There is an irony in this. I have had two LONG time customers recently tell me what a shame it is because the new work created in the past 18 months has been far and away some of my very best. I agree wholeheartedly. I have been tossing the idea of revamping my line and possibly discontinuing several mods if the sales trends hold as they have. I'm not certain about it, but it's been on my mind. Perhaps it's time to shake things up? In the meantime most of my R&D endeavors are far outside MTS-land and that's been very exciting to me on a personal level. I like new challenges and growth.

Jaded Faith said:
I have had two LONG time customers recently tell me what a shame it is because the new work created in the past 18 months has been far and away some of my very best..

I couldn't agree more with the statement. My last few mods...Vybe, Venom, Ubersonic, Silverado....have all been absolutely amazing. It's a shame no one can pick up the modular concept and revitalize it.

JayDA said:
Jaded Faith said:
I have had two LONG time customers recently tell me what a shame it is because the new work created in the past 18 months has been far and away some of my very best..

I couldn't agree more with the statement. My last few mods...Vybe, Venom, Ubersonic, Silverado....have all been absolutely amazing. It's a shame no one can pick up the modular concept and revitalize it.

A little birdie told me that we might see modules coming back into production. This was an industry source and someone who is very well connected. No- it wouldnt be Randall picking it back up either....I guess time will tell! I sure hope it happens!

Just from what i've noticed it seems like MTS is kinda getting around on the Ultimate-Guitar forums. Within like a month or two 5-6 people (including myself) have gotten back into MTS. :)

A lot of people really seem to like the modded stuff too so there's definitely still interest out there.

I agree that Rob's modules have gotten better and better. The improvements he's made to previous designs like the XTC and Voxless were VERY impressive. The Twox, Ubersonic and Silverado are just amazing!

Here's what I think would allow a new series of MTS amps to make an impact: (Assuming proper marketings, strong dealers, etc.)

1. Providing digital control of analog parameters.
A. Storing presets
B. The ability to access current switch functions via MIDI and to have those functions be part of a stored preset.

2. The ability to use multiple modules simultaneously and blend them properly.

3. A power amp like the RT-250 that allows you to switch between different tubes.

4. Built in ISP Decimator.

5. Built in DSP with quality reverb and delay.

6. A custom foot pedal controller

7. Improved FX loops with send and return level controls.

8. Improved transformers and such (Like Foglifters.)