Digitech Trio demo

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mfgobbi said:
How do you like the trio marco? does it go well in the effects loop or does it clip? how good are the bass lines in general?

You would not want to put it in an effects loop or in your guitar signal path anywhere at all, IMHO. There is no dry thru path and converts your guitar signal to digital. Yes you can plug straight into your amp and use the effects but that's for kids in their bedroom with no gear and I have no use for those features.

I split the signal at the pedalboard and send the Trio a separate feed. The Trio goes to a small PA system and the guitar signal path to the amp is unaffected. The PA gets the Mixer output (from the Trio) and I use a dummy plug in the Amp output to mute the guitar that would otherwise get sent to the Mixer output (from the Trio).

The Drums and bass sound good but are mono which is stupid; the mixer output should be stereo. The bass lines are tasty and I really like what it comes up with usually. The Bass sounds are kind of cheesy as you would expect but totally usable. The Alt Rock genre has the best bass sound and all around feel for what I like.

I put a little reverb on it from an Ensoniq DP/Pro to give it some stereo spread and ambiance in the PA and I really like the sound for what it is.

The main thing is I hate programming drums and losing my inspiration while tinkering on a computer, so this thing is awesome for off the cuff jamming and practicing. I think it would be difficult for live use as you can't save the tracks. You would have to be pretty creative in arranging the material so people don't get bored with you setting up the track. But it could be a hit at a party for sure.

I juts got mine the other day. Did you get the foot-switch with yours? I did not and was wondering how much easier it is with the foot-switch.

KillCourtney said:
I juts got mine the other day. Did you get the foot-switch with yours? I did not and was wondering how much easier it is with the foot-switch.

I already had the FS3X footswitch so that was a plus. I don't uses the parts feature much so I mainly just use the footswitch to increment through the variations. Some people like to put the Trio on a desk for the hands on and use the FS3X to remote control it.