burnt Egnater fusion-metal offering

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Czajkowski

Reaction score
low-crawling under the wire at Fort Mastercard
Evil Psychedelic Prog-metal Fusion tune:

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5934530&q=hi

the leadsheet:

http://users.bandzoogle.com/hecticwatermelon/files/SRT_leadsheet_4p.pdf

Here is a temporarily downloadable tune, Subterranean Rapid Transit, from the last Hectic Watermelon album with Jerry Goodman in the spirit of Halloween. I?ll leave it up for a few days for you. It is the darkest tune on the album. The lead sheet is available from the Members Area of the HWM band website if you?d like to read through it. Also, the empty solo bed is still there that people had fun shredding over last year before the album was released last Fall.

I?m now over half way through writing and recording on the new Marco Minnemann album we are doing with Mike Keneally, Alex Machacek, Phi Yaan Zeck, and some other very cool guests. The album is around the craziest drumming I have ever heard in my Termprary life, but the music I?m composed around it is actually somewhat normal and listenable?go figure. I?m busting out with all sorts of cool instruments I didn?t use on the HWM album like my banjos, nylon/steel strings, Nashville pedal steel, mandolin, Gretsch 6120, Marco?s Danelectro bari, and so forth. It?s sounding slicker than snot, but it is still a few months out. I?m also working on a bunch of new material for HWM album number 2. I?ve got enough material for an album, but it doesn?t all quite fit together yet, so I?ll probably keep writing until it feels more unified.

Trick or treat... :twisted:

Here is a direct link to a high quality (320 kbps) mp3 that should sound better than the one on our flash player. The HWM website flash player is lame because it forces me to encode tunes at only 120 kbps.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/downloadsong.cfm?id=5934530

Lastly, here is the link to the lead sheet.

http://users.bandzoogle.com/hecticwatermelon/files/SRT_leadsheet_4p.pdf

******, John... that needs a surgeon general's warning...

"Listening to Hectic Watermelon prior to morning coffee may cause you to question the natural order of the universe."

Seriously sweet playing. I'm gonna have that A-train groove running through my head for the rest of the day.

--B

bduersch said:
******, John... that needs a surgeon general's warning...

"Listening to Hectic Watermelon prior to morning coffee may cause you to question the natural order of the universe."

Seriously sweet playing. I'm gonna have that A-train groove running through my head for the rest of the day.

--B

Thanks, I hope you didn't get any coffee on those beautiful guitars of yours! Speaking of coffee, I better got off on my run before mine wears off! Now THAT would be scary. :roll:

John,
More charts please. My fusion band is enjoying playing "Subterranean Rapid Transit" a lot, although we haven't got time to get it down tight yet, it's a great tune. Thanks so much for sharing and the inspiration.
Tung

tung said:
John,
More charts please. My fusion band is enjoying playing "Subterranean Rapid Transit" a lot, although we haven't got time to get it down tight yet, it's a great tune. Thanks so much for sharing and the inspiration.
Tung

Dude...I'd LOVE to hear how you guys reinterpret it! Also, there are a few others on the HWM band website in the members area.

JC

John Czajkowski said:
tung said:
John,

Dude...I'd LOVE to hear how you guys reinterpret it! Also, there are a few others on the HWM band website in the members area.

JC

Thanks, John. We gotta to work on all those odd time sig :wink: My drummer is having a blast with it, but we also do straight ahead jazz gigs so we haven't had time to do your song justice.
I'm looking forward to check out more of your charts on the HW site

tung said:
Thanks, John. We gotta to work on all those odd time sig :wink: My drummer is having a blast with it, but we also do straight ahead jazz gigs so we haven't had time to do your song justice.
I'm looking forward to check out more of your charts on the HWM site

Have you sick guys had any time/energy to try to record a pass at this one yet? 8)

Yes, John, we only got around to playing the first half of the tune. It's a hard tune, man :wink: Like I said, we want to do it justice, not just winging it. You have some great compositional ideas in there. We're going to do it as a trio too, so it's gotta be tight or nothing.