Egnater EG5 in da house!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Czajkowski

Reaction score
low-crawling under the wire at Fort Mastercard
Egnater EG5 in da house!

I violate the classic rule of never recording a lead and rhythm on the same amp setting, but this is just a quick idea of how touch sensitive and versatile this new EG5 channel is. This is channel B same settings on rhythm and lead. Thanks for another great channel.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5996998&q=hi

So I guess you like the EG5!John that sounds sweet man,I just got one about a week ago and I likey very much :D

Very cool, John . thanks for posting it, what are you using for delay on there? It sounds really transparent, doesn't color the tone too much.

tung said:
Very cool, John . thanks for posting it, what are you using for delay on there? It sounds really transparent, doesn't color the tone too much.

Thansk guys, the delay is jsut the Waves Dual delay. I don't really like it myself, but I was in too much of a rush to take the time to pipe out and print the Eventide Eclipse's mod delay. I'll probably do that later in the week so you can hear the difference.

Thats sounds killer ...

.very thick.what were your settings on that ? .are you using a 6l6 power section or 34's.
thanks ..

Yeah, John. Let's hear some Eclipse, I've heard some great things about that unit. nobody has it around here though :evil:

Again killer tone ...

One question i have about the 34's. In your opinion which clean module works best with those tubes .

Do you like the VX, or the the T/D. im assuming with an El34 power section you could still get a pretty decent clean with a fender type voiced mod as Rivera seems to

tung said:
Yeah, John. Let's hear some Eclipse, I've heard some great things about that unit. nobody has it around here though :evil:

I'll be doing some more clips in the coming weeks, and I'll probably pop it in there.

gtr31, I guess let tradition be your starting point, but they all sound great with 34s. Since I have two heads, I keep one with 6L6s and I generally like the T/D and VOX in there most, but I often have to keep my VOX in the other head because of how I toggle back and forth with heads with my switcher. So, it still sounds great with the 34s. In the end, speaker, speaker enclosure, strings, pickups, pick, all might have a greater affect on the tone than power tube type.

I know we all have different ears .but that Sounds nothing like any TSL ive ever heard .and where we practice they rent the TSL with the room and that what i use . a Marshall red channel has a fuzzy character. and the crunch has nowhere near that gain .or attack.
that tone is closer to the Soldano. H&K type of camp but is warmer