Viking Rats (Czajkowski-Minnemann tune/bed) EG5/SL2

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Czajkowski

Reaction score
low-crawling under the wire at Fort Mastercard
Safeguard the mice Fraulein! Swallow the jewels! Head for the hills! The Viking Rats are heading towards the beach in their magical mythical ship-o-war!

Viking Rats sample mix:

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6126786&q=hi

Viking Rats solo bed download:

http://users.bandzoogle.com/hecticwatermelon/files/Vking_Rats_Bed_2.mp3

Here is a full sample clip from my upcoming album, West ZooOpolis, with German drummer Wunderkind, Marco Minnemann. The beast is through-composed over a 52-minute drum solo Marco performed in Germany before moving to the US last year. Five composers, Mike Keneally, Alex Machacek, Phi Yaan-Zek, Marco and myself are each writing a different version over the entire solo to be released before Spring 2008.

This piece, Viking Rats, occurs at 22:55 into his drum solo. Here, Marco is doing a series of metric modulations, so sometimes the Viking Rats sail over the crest of the waves, and sometimes their mythical Viking Rat ship ploughs through the metric modulations head on. The solo section at the end has a strong sea state, but get your sea legs on and have some fun. Ed DeGenaro, takes a fretless solo at the end of this one!

my guitar: EB MM Morse

my amps: MOD 50 EG5 rhythm, SL2 leads

Wow John that was really cool and rocking out too. The story behind this project sounds really interesting. How did this come about, through your label? Each composer is doing their version of the 52 minutes or were you each given a section? You make every module sound good but that SL2 sounds a lot like what I've been gravitating towards lately. Our project should be done soon after some serious setbacks (hard drive crash ... no backup) and I should have some clips up in March.

Great concept and playing. Those drum grooves are just a bomb for you to do your thing over, kinda like Dennis Chambers/McLauglin type jam that those guys do live, but you actually composed some real cool music over it :!:

Well, to my horror, it has been brought to my attention that the solo bed version of Viking Rats I posted has one little problem?I forgot to mute my melodic guitar section prior to Ed?s solo. Duh?to many hours in front of the Tools done fried my brain. Sorry about that! Also, sorry for the out of tune rhythm guitar. Same excuse?

So, here is the more extended version for guys to have some fun!

http://users.bandzoogle.com/hecticwatermelon/files/Vking_Rats_Bed_2.mp3

Thanks Tung and 3MileStone,

3 Mile Stone said:
How did this come about, through your label? Each composer is doing their version of the 52 minutes or were you each given a section?

Mike Keneally introduced me to Marco and we met one night and concocted this thing together after hearing each other's music! Yeah, all the different composers are doing the whole enchilada! It is a beastly challenge. This section is actually pretty straightforward compared to some of the others. You'll see...

Good luck with your recording!