Egnater MOD50 rig

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Swerdfeger

Reaction score
It?s been a year now, and I just played my 100th gig with this rig and could not be more happy/content.

Background:
I work as a sideman in the CCM/Christian Pop/Worship Community. Typical venues are large churches and theaters - 1,200 to 3,500 people. I need to cover a wide variety of modern rock and pop tones.

The amps:
(2) Egnater MOD50 amplifiers - one has 6L6, the other has EL34
(2) Egnater oversize 112 cabs - front slot port with Celestion CL80 speaker (sometimes I'll use a V30 in one cab)

The pedalboard:
Analogman Comprossor, Boss Overdrive, Arion Chorus, Line 6 MM4 (proto with Way Huge mod), Volume Pedal (guitar), Volume Pedal (echo return), Line 6 Echo Park (in parallel loop of amps), Pedal Power II, Korg Tuner, Taylor A/B/Both box.

235951178_4bb34d4e0b.jpg

235951174_7d4f14c5b6.jpg

235951177_680be24946.jpg

235951176_451e32413c.jpg

235951179_c5ee6381ba.jpg

For the record I really dislike you :)

That is such a sweet rig.

Oh Ned, that's BEYOND sweet.... that's... freaking... KILLER! Amazing rig man, color me jealous as well! :lol:

Thanks guys -

My desire is to tell other players these amps work well in the real world. I would love to see Bruce and Frank rewarded for their hard work, investment and dedication.

Inspired design and tones, indeed!

With an infinite amount of cash, I would probably have a similar rig. That's really nice. Gives me a new goal I guess. I really like the oversized 1x12 cabs.

Just curious, you only have one amp channel switcher for both amps. How does that work?

At that church you probably have alot of people throw away their crutches as well as leave behind their wheelchairs with that amp cranked to 2 :lol:

A big AMEN to you,
FM

johnmfer -

The MIDI OUT of the footswitch goes to the MIDI IN of the first amp, then I jump the MIDI THRU from the first amp over to the MIDI IN of the second amp. Both amps switch at the same time!

congratulations on a sweet setup. i bet it performs and sounds as good as it looks. do you use the boss overdrive on all 4 channels?

I ocassionally use the Boss pedal into the A channel of the SL when playing slide, otherwise it doesn't really get used. I'm thinking about replacing it with another compresor (different model, different settings.)

Brian-

Was wondering why you choose the head/cab route versus 2 1x12 combos?

Ned

Ned -

I choose the head/112 route for flexibility and versatility. In the studio I have the heads in the control room, cabs in the live room, etc... I also have a collection of other cabs - 412 w/Heritage Greenbacks, 212 open back, 112 open back.

That's killer!

BTW, maybe I'm overlooking this, but what modules are you running in each MOD50?