Best module for pinch harmonics???

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jethro

Reaction score
Which module have you found is the best for screamin' pinch harmonics..... stock, modded, either or both?

Any of the modded modules scream...I personally like the Zakk Wydle type so I put the ZW OD in front of the PeteSL+

Mr. Scary, SL+ (w/tubescreamer), Brahma (w/ TOD boost), Grail. Or any of the listed w/ those angry P90s on my cheap Epiphone LP which for some reason seem easier than with actives????

Also have used my EQ in front set to simulate a half-cocked wah.

Julia said:
Mr. Scary, SL+ (w/tubescreamer), Brahma (w/ TOD boost), Grail. Or any of the listed w/ those angry P90s on my cheap Epiphone LP which for some reason seem easier than with actives????

Also have used my EQ in front set to simulate a half-cocked wah.

Hah, I have an SG Classic from Gibson (The SG with P-90's). It plays metal better than my Ibanez does, for some God forsaken reason. Also, it does pinch harmonics randomly, at times when I don't need them, making people think I'm even better than I am! What a swell guitar.

#1 Brahma with Boost

#2 Mr Scary

... they all do a great job just the same... Pinch Harmonics are all in the technique... still though nothing screams like the stock Brahma boosted with a BBE Green Screamer IMHO.

Hey Tony good to see you

I find that if I relax my right hand real loose the harmonics fly from anywhere- I especially like the warmer ones up closer to the neck pickup

when you're tense and trying to hard, less chance for squeals

Best amp ive ever played with sickest pinch harmonics.....my dual recto.

Dual Rec are awsome... I don't own one but every single one I've played through is killer and yes harmonics scream from these amps. Now if ony Randall made a Dual Res Module that nailes that tone???

I just nailed a great dual rec tone with the Grail... it's definetly a shining moment for this module. I found that my approach to tweeking this module had limited me to mid gain bliss. One small tweek to the bass dial and a small tweek to the mids and this module nails that great Dual rec tone.

I found that the bass dial changes character around 1.5 then again around 6, then I found the right mix by backing off the mids to about 6-7 treble on 8-10 and gain on about 7, brite switch on, presance on 5 and density 6... nailed it!

The problem I had with this module was cranking the mids and backing way off on the Bass... not what this bad boy does best.

Alice In Chains anyone?