Randall RG-300

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eldholm

Reaction score
Hello
I have a few questions that I wonder if someone maby could hlp me to answer.

I while ago I got myself a broken Randall RG-300 built in -79. I Paid about 40USD for it an another broken amp.

The amp blew fuses as soon as i plugged it in, With a mutlimeter (did not even have to use the ocilloscop) We foud that the, hmm i don?t know what it is called in english in swedish it?s called a gretz-brygga, maby a gretz-bridge? a sort of diod-bridge anyway. I new one was insatalled and now it plays as hell!

But I can?t find any information about this amp online, or only verry little info anyway.

So who can tell me something about it?
what sort of footswitch do I need? My Fender does half the jobb and i don?t know how a Radall footswitch are set up, Found on line but are they still the same as in -79?

Does anyone still use them?

Were there not verry many made? or why is it so hard to find info?

The clean sound is great at any volymes.
The effects are, hmm what to say,
Reverb should never be turned above 3, more and you think you are playing in a cathedral.
The Chorus is interesting.

If you crank it up you get som sort of distortion, you could get a sound like Cake - Rock?n?Roll lifestyle. But lets just say it works good with pedals.

So any information someone could give me would be a great help, I like to know what I have. Who has played it in other stuff.