will I need to use my distoration peddal with the RH300G3?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 495

Reaction score
I am currently waiting on my amp head to be delivered from fed ex and the suspence is eating me alive!!!!!!!! I currently have 2 4x12 marshall cabs and the GNX3000 super model, I was wondering if I will have to use my GNX distortion with this head? :?: Please help me out,This is my first randall head and I've only played through a TSL marshall which I still have, I'm just on the everlasting tone quest and heard that randall is the final distination

Sincerely Metalmayhem

The only reason why you would want to use your GNX for distortion is if you want different types of tone.

otherwise, you definitely DON'T want to use the GNX with your Randall.

Randall COULD be the final destination for tone... it all depends one what you are looking for.

Well for one... NEVER buy an amp with out trying it out to see how you like it. For two... Throw that distortion pedal in the garbage and NEVER buy another one. And three... That head has awesome tone! Beware though. The two i had (thats right, TWO) were deffective. But if its good to go, then you sure as hell done need a pedal. I use a MXR Wylde OD but thats just to boost. Mainly I just rely on that Randall chunk! :twisted:

Well for one I didnt buy the amp head, I won it on a drawing from my local music store ,just to clear up any missed lead information and for 2 I've recieved the head and its awesome!!!!!!!! I love it. so Thanks for all the help