Poweramp and speaker equiv to RT50C without the preamp

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilkinsi

Reaction score
I'm going for an RT50C combo. My only concern is that I won't be using the preamp, my Boss GT-10 will go thru the amp's FX Return only. I love the poweramp and speaker. My questions are:

1. Do a seperate poweramp with 6L6 valves and a Celestion Seventy80 speaker cab exist?
2. If they do exist, would it work out cheaper/expensive to buy the above seperate poweramp and speaker, or just the RT50C?

i think some of the peavey rackmount power amps are 6l6 based. you could probably also get an older 6l6 based combo or head with an effects loop or power amp in VERY cheap. again, im thinking peavey on that... such as the VTM series maybe.

as for celestion seventy 80 equipped cabs, there are laney, randall, traynor, crate, blackstar, steelsound and others. youd just have to shop around to see if you could get a better deal.

check guitarcenter's used section. when you call, dont be afraid to ask for extra pics, for them to open the cab and see what speakers or whatever. most of the stores will work with you well. if you have it sent, and its not for you, you can always return to the local store. musicgoround is pretty decent too, but the shipping is more.

good luck!