RT100H Overdrive I and II Volume Differences

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just got my RT100H (replacement) last week after I'd had to return the first one because neither of the Overdrive channels worked when I received it.|

I've been absolutely LOVING this head! It's just AWESOME. Being new to ANY kind of nice gear, especially tube-ran gear. This is my first tube amp.

I've obviously been messing around with knobs, trying to get "my" tone out of it, and I decided to compare the Overdrive channels by setting each of them to the same exact settings; gain, bass, mids, treble, and level. The Overdrive I sounds a lot louder than the Overdrive II channel sounds. Is this normal, or is this just a perception because the Overdrive I channel has more "bite" to it than the deeper Overdrive II channel?

I don't have the same issue as you. mine tend to have the same level, not a big deal if you ask me.
If you want to get a million more tones out of your amp, add an EQ to your effect loop (send & receive at the back of your amp). I'm still messing with it after 8 months of playing around and getting new tones.
This is an incredible head for the money. :p