randall thrasher

Discussion area for other Randall amps

Moderators: guitarguy510, ned

maximus1
Lynch Box

randall thrasher

Post by maximus1 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:23 pm

so it looks like randall is hitting 2013 big time with the thrasher and re vamped diavlo plus there is some other stuff coming{satan} i hear as well. just going off namm clips the thrasher seems pretty killer. what do u guys think thought i'd ask cause i havnt seen anything on here about it. i heard the thrasher is the fortin natas but i also heard some say no. going off the clips it sounds like a tight brutal amp without a boost in front which is rare in my experiences cause only tube amps i liked unboosted were the peavey xxx and some of the randall mts modules. my rectifier is a rock amp at best without a boost upfront

gag halfrunt
Lynch Box

Re: randall thrasher

Post by gag halfrunt » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:37 pm

maximus1 wrote:so it looks like randall is hitting 2013 big time with the thrasher and re vamped diavlo plus there is some other stuff coming{satan} i hear as well. just going off namm clips the thrasher seems pretty killer. what do u guys think thought i'd ask cause i havnt seen anything on here about it. i heard the thrasher is the fortin natas but i also heard some say no. going off the clips it sounds like a tight brutal amp without a boost in front which is rare in my experiences cause only tube amps i liked unboosted were the peavey xxx and some of the randall mts modules. my rectifier is a rock amp at best without a boost upfront
In one of the NAMM Randall videos from this year, Mike Fortin said there was a lot of the NATAS circuitry in the Thrasher. Straight from the horse's mouth. Should be a great amp.
My Band's website (I'm Bill, the lead guitarist): www.impossibletuesday.com/about.html

Kemper into Atomic CLR neo.

LunatiBSW
Lynch Box

Post by LunatiBSW » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:23 pm

This Series of amps looks SICK. Cant wait for it to hit the market, might have to sell some gear to get this guy :twisted:
Amps:Bogner Überschall TJ / Krank bully (custom 35w) / Orange micro dark
CABS:Bogner Uberkab/Avatar Sig2x12 (v30/g12t75-dovetail joints) /Earcandy2x8 (ported)
*Click for deals*
http://bit.ly/lunatibswDEALS

zepplin490
Lynch Box

Post by zepplin490 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:58 am

These amps look great i dont know if i can live with just 2 channels with all the different kinds of music i play but for metal it looks like these cant be beat!
-mp-
Randall RM100, with a Randall Warhead V30cab,
Voodoo UG Jose
Good Deals With: Everyone

crankyrayhanky
Lynch Box

Post by crankyrayhanky » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:02 pm

The clips are poor, but I expect greatness
The Satan sounds awesome on Ola's new material; I hope the production units are close

JayDA
Lynch Box

Post by JayDA » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:38 am

Wow....me want....

http://youtu.be/1N9Ee5LAp0o

gag halfrunt
Lynch Box

Post by gag halfrunt » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:41 am

JayDA wrote:Wow....me want....

http://youtu.be/1N9Ee5LAp0o
Yes, it does sound amazing.

Just a hint for those listening to the demo - listen to the whole thing. After Ola plays through his song, he does a proper demo of all the options just with the guitar.
My Band's website (I'm Bill, the lead guitarist): www.impossibletuesday.com/about.html

Kemper into Atomic CLR neo.

bubbastain
RM20

Post by bubbastain » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:07 pm

I can't wait to play a Thrasher in person. I'm sure the clips don't do it justice. Then again, very few clips do.