UK metal freak loses mind

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grusum

Reaction score
Hi

I am hoping that someone may be able to help me

I am in the market for a new amp .. ive been looking at the Randall V2 and Krank Revolution

heres my problem

I live in the UK and i cannot find any shop that stocks both of these amps so i can go check them out

so i have to look for clips of ppl playing them on youtube and other places like that and the actual amp companies website

now ive listened to the clips for the V2 on the randall website and ive checked out the clips on the kran website and well the clips for the V2 kinda suck .. BIG TIME

now i know the clips are not always a good gauge of an amps true sound but its all i have to go off

the krank amp sounds amazing on the krank website but that could be just due to the fact they made a better effort of showing their product off

if anyone could do me a sound clip showing off the V2 amp id be really greatfull

im into stuff like slayer .. arch enemy .. dimebag .. basically im a metal freak

id hate to lose out on a great amp just because one website has better clips

thankyou for any help in advance

\o

The website has crappy clips, but...
The V2 is awesome! I've never used a Krank, so I can't directly compare the two, but I know the V2 is a killer metal amp. Plus, it gives you 3 distinct channels to play with - something I don't think the Krank does. One caveat though, I thought the V2 required a few pedals (an ISP Decimator for example).

I own a V2 and I really like it-alot!! The V2 packs a ton of low end! Scooter's right,the clips on the website don't do it any justice. To give you an idea what I get out of mine,take a listen to EXODUS'-Shovel Headed Kill Machine album,I got my tone pretty close to what they got going on,but the amp is way more versatile than just that,you can get alot of different tones out of it if you just work with it.Hope this helps!! :twisted: :twisted:

thx for the info guys :)

ill defo check out that exodus cd to get an idea

yeah ive read the forums lots about needing a decent noise reduction solution :) thats normal though heh the price of high gain ;)

I've owned a Krank and believe it or not, not enough gain for me. You really have to light that baby up to get it to sing.

thankyou to everybody for the replys

i looked futher on and ended up stumbling across a couple of peavey jsx demo's on youtube which answered my prayers and questions